Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calculate when you are most awake

• 17-05-2004 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

For your own optimum awake/ tiredness hours: http://www.knackerfactor.co.uk/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3713853.stm
    Simple formula for staying awake

Scientists have come up with a mathematical equation to enable people to calculate when they are most awake.

It is CDA + CT + KF = TMT or the time an individual is most tired.

CDA stands for circadian dip in alertness or natural biological rhythms. CT is chronotype or the timing of an individual's biological rhythms.

KF stands for "knacker factors" such as lack of sleep or drinking alcohol. An easy to use formula can be found at www.knackerfactor.co.uk.

The formula was developed by scientists at the fatigue management consultancy AWAKE.

They were commissioned to do the work by the manufacturers of caffeine supplements.

It followed a survey which found that 40% of Britons feel sleepy at work. Over half admitted to making mistakes when tired while 62% claimed tiredness affected their social lives.

The poll also found that men and women experience tiredness differently. Some 64% of women said they become irritable when tired. Men said they make more mistakes.

"Tiredness is an unfortunate reality for many office workers trying to juggle their work, family and social responsibilities," said Dr Paul Jackson, managing director of AWAKE.

"There are situations where we really need to be alert, for example when meeting clients or making important business decisions.

"This simple equation enables anyone to calculate what time of the day they are likely to feel most tired and to schedule their activities accordingly."

But Neil Stanley of the British Sleep Society said people could get the most out of their day by getting a good night's rest.

"It's really quite simple," he told BBC News Online. "If people are tired during the day then they are not getting enough sleep."

He said establishing a proper sleep pattern would help to reduce tiredness during the day.

"If you establish a proper rhythm, your body will make maximum use of that time, whether its six hours or eight hours. It will consolidate sleep."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

according to this even when im most awake Im merely neutral

chart.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

K_results.jpg

(optimistic..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Better than expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Dosent cater for my sleeping patern :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

aye.

hence "(optimistic)" ... i'm asleep right now. fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mine said I was only ever tired at 5pm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

sleep.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

"You will start to feel noticeably tired at 16:00 and you will feel most tired at 16:00"

:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

graph3.50.5.png
    too tired to figure it out tbh:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

graph00.png
    Same as Rabies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by Rabies
    sleep.gif

that's more or less the exact same as me.

from the name of the test i thought there would be more Chris Doran themed questions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Hmmmm, it told me i'd be most tired at 4. Which is when my exam starts. Ah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Tired.jpg
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

no matter how much I twist my answers I cant get into the alert section

Advertisement