Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Flash MX and DW MX

Options
  • 17-05-2004 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Ok I've a bit of time on my hands and I want to do a crash course in Flash MX and DW MX. What links, books would you recommend. I'll probably want to get in and do some actionscripting aswell. Maybe I should just write a simple game in it or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skybird

Hi,

I have used and found the following to be very good.
    Only thing is that its Download so need Broadband.

You can sign-up for a Month for $25 and then do all the downloading from
    the extensive collection. Or else buy the CD, and check eBay for these also

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=63

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=72

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Hi Ricardo,

I use Dreamweaver MX myself too, and I find it far superior to version 4. I was a green horn when I got them, but I have taught myself (and still doing so) with the Tutorial option under the Help menu. Its plain and simple and is surprisingly not boring or slow/tedious. With out reading books, I can place video and music on my sites, moving and flashing text, aligning text in different ways, how to make invisible objects appear over time or with the mouse floating over... endless options.

Of course, the only problem you have found is TIME! Where does it all go? The one disadvantage to teaching yourself a new 'course'!

But prevail, and it will pay off!

Also, instead of learning Flash for difficult objects that DMX doesn't provide, try to get yourself a copy of Xara Webstyle. Its a great package with loads of templates for banners, headers, navbars, menus etc.

Turn your speakers up and see www.tullamoreastronomy.com, a site I do for Tullamore Astronomical Society for some stuff Dreamweaver itself has taught me. Its not much, but it gives you an idea where you can go in a week or two.

Best of Luck,

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

As previously stated, the included tutorials are pretty good.
    I also used the "Sams teach yourself..." series of books which I found very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

OK thanks all.

Someone has offered to put some video tutorials on a CD for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skybird

Let me know what they are and what you think of them .. interested !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Skybird
    Let me know what they are and what you think of them .. interested !!

I think they are the once you post about earlier. But as I don't have broadband downloading them myself isn't an option. I should get them in a week or so. Depends on the post.

Advertisement