Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 prepaid GPRS and MMS settings?

Options
  • 17-05-2004 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

I have just moved from O2 postpay to pre pay and I have not been able to get my Sharp GX-1 to connect over GPRS or MMS! I keep getting an "Error: check settings" error when I try and connect. I get a "Server connection errorn" when trying to send an MMS.

I have gone through all the O2 prepaid settings listed below (and the ones on the settings sticky thread) and have had my account activated for MMS/GPRS.

Has anyone managed to get a GX-1 working on Prepaid?

It works on Post paid no problems.

J

Speakeasy GPRS WAP Settings for the Sharp GX1
    From the main menu select Settings > Internet settings > Wap Settings,
    highlight a Profile, press M and go to Edit (you may get a warning
    saying
    "this profile has already been selected", this will disappear after a
    second).
    Enter the following settings:
    Profile name: o2 gprs
    IP address: 192.168.090.074
    Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
    Port number: 9201 (non secure) OR 9203 (secure - this would be needed
    for
    banking online etc.)
    Circuit prompt: enable
    Connection type: GPRS
    Then go to GPRS settings and press M, enter the following settings:
    APN: pp.wap.o2.ie
    Username: user
    Password: leave this blank
    Linger time: 180
    Press Back, scroll to Setup end and press M. Highlight o2 gprs, press M
    and
    Activate.
    To use the WAP service go to Browser > Homepage.
    Speakeasy MMS Settings for the Sharp GX1
    From the main menu select Settings > Internet settings > MMS Settings,
    highlight a Profile, press M and go to Edit (you may get a warning
    saying
    "this profile has already been selected", this will disappear after a
    second).
    Enter the following settings:
    Profile name: o2 mms
    IP address: 192.168.090.074
    Relay server URL: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    Port number: 9201
    Connection type: GPRS
    Then go to GPRS settings and press M, enter the following settings:
    APN: pp.wap.o2.ie
    Username: user
    Password: leave this blank
    Linger time: 180
    Press Back, scroll to Setup end and press M. Highlight o2 gprs, press M
    and
    Activate.
    To use the MMS service go to Messages > MMS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, might be worth double checking with 1740 or support AT o2.ie - get them to double check that you have been set-up right on the GPRS access points for pre-pay...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Thanks, but I have already rung them 3 times, the third time they just emailed me the settings and said to double check them myself which I have done. The assured me each time thatI was set up for GPRS and MMS.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

J

how long ago did you move from postpay to prepay?

when you were talking to them did they specifically check you were removed from the postpay and set up on the pre-pay GPRS and MMS services...

BrianG

I swapped over about 2 weeks ago. I was keeping my number so they sent me out a new SIM and I started using that. When MMS failed I rang them and asked for MMS to be turned on, they said ok and that my existing settings from post pay should still work.

They didn't so I rang again, they brought me through the new settings and said I was set up for MMS on their side.

Third time I rang I was emailed the details for the settings to check myself and I was assured I was provisioned in the MMS/GPRS systems.

I have not asked them to check I was taken off the post paid system. They had told me before that I would recieve one more bill to pay off the remainer of my account and then that would be it. DO you reckon there is a chance I'm registered on both systems and that might be botching it up?

Cheers

J

ah ok - just checking you didn't just switch over before lunch :)

[edit] - just read the outstanding bill part - unless you are stuck due to the biling system blocking something until the post-pay account finally closed off (long shot but stranger things have happend ;)) ...

they were wrong to say your post-pay setting should still work when you are on pre-pay, you need to be removed from the post-pay wap.dol.ie access point and set up on the pre-pay pp.wap.o2.ie access point... i'd ring and keep asking them to check which one you are now set-up on...

get them to check the settings with you on the handset, so that they can see you've done it as per their instructions, if they say it's ok then ask them to investigate it further (maybe re-provision your pre-pay GPRS access)

BrianG

• Advertisement

right so, just on to them again, they went through all the settings again and teh guy said he would make sure I was removed from the old system and he would reprovision me on the new one. So we will see what happens in 24 hours!

Cheers for the help anyway!

J

I tried MMS last night around 10pm and it was working, I guess the de-reg and re-reg on the system must have done the trick! thanks for the help there Brian!

J

Advertisement