Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Coverage

Options
  • 17-05-2004 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was thinking of switching over to Meteor, and was just wondering how is their network coverage these days? A few years back when they were new, I had one of the free phones, and the coverage was appalling, you could barely get reception anywhere. I know it has improved since then, I was just wondering if anyone on here uses it, and how good is the coverage these days. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i've used all 3 networks and like meteor the best. sms is what clenches it. reception wise it's pretty much the same as the other 2 in urban areas but patchy in some rural areas. when i say rural i mean very rural, not like a small town. from june on, you can expect coverage pretty much everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Have a look at the coverage map at Meteor.ie
    90% coverage now, at least 94% by christmas.

It still can be patchy in places and you will pay €80 (repaid in credit) to get roaming coverage.

Advertisement