Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tracing a car reg.

Options
  • 17-05-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is a legit way of tracing the owner if you have the car reg.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Only Members of the Security Forces or a Legit Govt. Agency and Clampers(W*nkers)

Can obtain these, formostley the Garda and the Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by K2
    Anyone know if there is a legit way of tracing the owner if you have the car reg.?
    Repeat after me: "Stalking is illegal". If you have a legit reason, talk to the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Hehe:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

unfortunately I don't have the time to go around stalking:) . Somebody just pulled up outside my house, took a few pics and then did a runner when asked by my wife if she could help her! Now it could be innocent ie we are applying for planning permission but surely a member of the local co co would stop to explain who they are and what they were doing. Unfortunately we also have a couple of legal actions going on over other matters, so was wondering if it was either of those, but why they would want a pic of my house and the uncut grass is beyond me. Reckon I will just have to ask my cousin, a copper, to get the details for me, and will drop them a line. I would prefer not to ask him but this will bug the **** of me until I know the answer.

Simple. Just hang around outside their house for a few hours and see if the car shows up ...... :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If you know anyone in the Gardai they will be able to assist.

Its not a big secret, if you dont know anyone just go into a Garda station tell them what happened and ask.

Victor: hence my question, problem is I don't know who or what they are. Probably nowt but I would like to be sure that was the case.

Originally posted by K2
    Victor: hence my question, problem is I don't know who or what they are. Probably nowt but I would like to be sure that was the case.
    Stalk these people ....
    Originally posted by K2
    Unfortunately we also have a couple of legal actions going on over other matters
    ... if it's not them, it must be the council - check out their car-park.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by K2
    I will just have to ask my cousin, a copper, to get the details for me

Irish problem, Irish solution ;)

turns out to be the council for the planning permission!

• Advertisement
Advertisement