Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Game Friday 21st May

Options
  • 17-05-2004 4:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

O.k. In an effort to motivate myself to clean up my flat I propose to have a home game Friday evening. This is to sample interest.

Kick-Off: 7 p.m.
    Structure: To be finalised. I'm open to the current preference.
    Smoking: Positively encouraged.
    Drinking: compulsory (well ok not really)
    Music: For the right fee we might play one Depeche Mode song.
    Max Players: 10

Players
    Muso
    Careca
    Mark D
    Iago
    Quozl
    Hobart
    Dev
    DapperGent
    Viking
    Decker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Hey Muso, count me in please :D

I presume you mean the 21st May, or have I missed a month?? :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

count me in please Muso, and how much is entry or is that undecided yet?

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Could you pencil me in please (May have to travel later this week with work, wil let you now on Wednesday for definite)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Whoops yeah I meant May. So we have 4 seats left. That reminds me I better buy some seats.
    As to entry fee. Well I suppose it might be a €10 rebuy type situation. Any preferences for structure feel free to post them. I'm easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Heat 3 of the BSOP is on this Friday - any chance of making your game Saturday?

Hyzepher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well this is kinda aimed as a game for those not playing the heat. Can't get enough Chris?

i'd vote for a 25e freezeout, much prefering freezeouts personally.

Greg

Rebuys, freezeouts it's all the same to me, all-in every hand!

I prefer freezeouts, €25-40 per head, but I'm equally happy to play in a rebuy tournie..

I just find it upsetting when you hit a poker of Aces, taking all a guys chips and then he just rebuys, he should have the decency to just leave at that point...

The only thing with ra freezout is that people have made the effort to come along and it's not too nice to find yourself out on the first hand.
    By the way anyone have any chips they could bring along?

• Advertisement

I know, I was just kidding..............Kind of...........

I have some chips and a deck of KEM cards if required. I don't think I have enough chips for everyone though so if anybody else has some then bring them.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moi!

DeV.

Cheers Iago. Bring them along anyway and we'll see how we're fixed on the night. Dev glad to have you aboard. That leaves 3.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The reason people prefer freezeouts is that it stops the Norman-Nonsense of rebuy-all-in every two seconds.

However we should also encourage at least SOME risk taking in that otherwise the game turns into a very tense and high-stakes one. Every call might be your last and it becomes more about agression then about playing cards.

In the middle is a nice balance where if you DO take a chance and find yourself outdrawn then your night isnt over. Personally I think 10 in, 10 rebuy and a 10 rebuy/topup has been the best we've played to date. Either that or the 10/20 in and the top 5 take the bottom 5's money (as we played in my place... that was fun).

DeV.

How about €10 in and €10 rebuy OR €10 top-up. Money to the top 4 and we can play more than one if necessary. See the way I combined both suggestions Dev. It's a pathetic attempt to appear original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Alas I cannot make it but DapperGent asked me to put his name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'll play if its only a tenner in :)

<-- poor student :)

and what's wrong with a bit of healthy competitive aggression??

You wussing out on me Dev? afraid that you'll be out inside the first 10 hands again?? :D

Can't say for certain if it's only going to be a tenner PHB. I'll probably go with €10 buy-in plus optional €10 rebuy or top-up (i.e. max spend €20 per game) so up to you. Anyway we are down to 2 places left.

sounds good. I like the one rebuy or one top-up option. I do like the tension of a pure freezeout, but I can understand Dev being upset when he gets knocked out early :(

Greg

• Advertisement

Dear Lord,

Please give me the cards to school these pansy ass biatches.

You're humble servant,

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Could you pencil me in also.

viking

Consider yourself penciled. 1 place left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

Hi,

me too, if there's still a place.

Alex

O.k. we have our 10. If we get any cancellations I'll post again. By the way Alex can you bring your chips along?

Hi,

sure chips and cloth, brings a whole new meaning to the expression "man of the cloth":).

Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Hmmm. Your cloth is in my car.

MrP

Hi Mr. P,

if you're going Thursday will you bring it down with you.

Alex

Some final points. You all should have directions except quozl . Give me a shout Q.
    Tourney structure will be the following:-

Starting Chips - 2000 (€10)
    Rebuy or Top-Up Chips - 3000 (€10)
    Max Spend €20

Rebuy Period - 1.5 hours
    Blinds up - Every 30 minutes during Rebuy, Every 20 during freezout.
    Blinds begin at 25-50 then on to 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 200-400, 300-600
    Blinds frozen at 300-600

Payout to first 4
    1st - 40%
    2nd - 30%
    3rd - 20%
    4th - 10%

Break after first tourney for any necessities and we can play as many as we want.

I'm open to adjustments so pipe if you see any glaring mistakes on my part.

• Advertisement

sounds nice and friendly...

DeV.

Advertisement