Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace Vs Sunderland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Yes he is a twat, and I laughed when I saw the cnut get stamped during the game...

Thing is, he is an irish international, and if you forgo him, you forgo the rest.....

You can't pick and choose 'em....

Would you call Ray "1988" Houghton Irish?? (Oh, at least he used to play and coach Palace)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Hang on a second. McAteer plays for Ireland and has an IrishPassport. What about Mick McCarthy? Born in England, lived in England, Played for Ireland?? is he English just because he has a yorkshire accent?

And what about Lennix Luis(sp), Born in CANADA but repersents England. Dont here many english people going on about him being Canadien.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Congrats to Palace, I feel really bad for Sunderland though, McCarthy looked choked in the after match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

It's pathetic really. Do you think when McAteer banged in that goal against Holland, KdjaC and The Brigadier were standing around in the pub scratching their heads thinking "English C*nt doesn't deserve to play for Ireland", yeah right. You lads wouldn't happen to pro-Keaners would you. I've noticed every since McAteer got attacked by Keane, some Irish fans have taken a disliking to him. Short memories.

Davey....I was actually sticking up for him as an Irishman...

I can't stand him though....but then I'm not an Ireland fan...

I've allways thought he was a jumped up little runt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    It's pathetic really. Do you think when McAteer banged in that goal against Holland, KdjaC and The Brigadier were standing around in the pub scratching their heads thinking "English C*nt doesn't deserve to play for Ireland", yeah right. You lads wouldn't happen to pro-Keaners would you. I've noticed every since McAteer got attacked by Keane, some Irish fans have taken a disliking to him. Short memories.
    The Brigadier is English and KdjaC is a ManU fan AFAIK so that would explain it.:)

I also think Keane is a runt...

But this is way off topic....lets get back to praising the eagles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by Dewey
    Hang on a second. McAteer plays for Ireland and has an IrishPassport. What about Mick McCarthy? Born in England, lived in England, Played for Ireland?? is he English just because he has a yorkshire accent?

And what about Lennix Luis(sp), Born in CANADA but repersents England. Dont here many english people going on about him being Canadien.

Because he's not Canadian!

he was born in London but moved to Canada when he was around 11 or 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by The Brigadier
    Thanks for the support guys...

It's nice to see there are some football fans around who take an interest in football.

Far too many "fans" follow Utd, Liverpool, Blackburn, Leeds or whoever is flavour of the month and wouldn't understand loyality if it bit them on the bum!

Any bloody fool can support one of the LULA teams (Lierpool, United, Leeds, Arsenal) and a lot of bloody fools do.

Takes guts to support a team like Palace, or Millwall or Norwich, or Charlton. That's what real people do.

And Norwich have the best football chant (spotted in the Times a few weeks back), even better than Man City's 'If the Nevilles play for England, why can't I?'

'Delia Smith's a famous cook
    She makes our whole team porridge
    She does a cracking steak au poivre
    But that don't rhyme with Norwich'

I don't support them myself, but that's Poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Hairy Homer
    Takes guts to support a team like Palace, or Millwall or Norwich, or Charlton. That's what real people do

i must be imaginary then :eek:

haha....

The LULA teams......yes the bastions of the fairweather armchair fans...

The vast majority of these team's fans have never been to see a game.

They have no ties to the team at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thanks for the support guys...

It's nice to see there are some football fans around who take an interest in football.

Far too many "fans" follow Utd, Liverpool, Blackburn, Leeds or whoever is flavour of the month and wouldn't understand loyality if it bit them on the bum!

That is an absolutely stupid thing to say. So unless you don't support a lower league team it's not possible to have an interest in Football!! :rolleyes:

B.

Originally posted by Dewey

....and Owen Hargreaves & Greg Rudeski, both born in Canada!

B.

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    That is an absolutely stupid thing to say. So unless you don't support a lower league team it's not possible to have an interest in Football!! :rolleyes:

B.

No but too many of these fans change their allegiance to every flavour of the month team.

Do you remember all the Blackburn fans that sprung up when they won the league? Where are they now?? (Probably following UTD)

I am a palace fan who has followed them all my life. I have seen them play in excess of 200 times.

Most UTD fans have never been to Old Trafford (and in fact probably don't even know that it is not in Mancester!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

No but too many of these fans change their allegiance to every flavour of the month team.

Do you remember all the Blackburn fans that sprung up when they won the league? Where are they now?? (Probably following UTD)

I am a palace fan who has followed them all my life. I have seen them play in excess of 200 times.

Most UTD fans have never been to Old Trafford (and in fact probably don't even know that it is not in Mancester!)
    Most United fans have never been to OT. Probably because most united fans don't live in Europe. I am a Liverpool fan. Have been since 1974. Do you know why I am a Liverpool fan? They were the first team I had heard off.

In relation to Blackburn fans. What else had they got to talk about before they won the league? SFA, thats what. So it's no wonder that they came springing out of their respective doors when Blackburn won the premiership. Some "fans" do change allegencies. Some fans become fans because thier mams got them them the Arsenal shirt. But being a fan is a lot more than travelling to Ewood Park or OT for that matter./ It's supporting/fighting for/criticising/being passionate about/being heartbroken for your club. Wether your club is ManU or Doncaster Rovers it does not matter. Wether they loose in the Doc Martens league or the Champions League, the pain of loosing should be the same. A fan is a fan, no matter what. You don't seem to understand that.

I understand what you are saying but your original post was just a generalisation.

I've supported Man Utd. all my life or at least for as far back as I can remember. I'm 29 now so that's well over 20 years. I started supporting them because my Dad supported them. I'm by no means fanatical, I think it's hard to be fanactical about a team that don't even know that you exist! But for the people that are fanatical about whatever foreign team that they happen to support, “more power to their elbow”.
    At the end of the day, “It’s only a game” to quote your goodself!!!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

paint everyone with the same brush. i like your arguement :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

For all this talk about people who do it, I've never personally met one of them

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    paint everyone with the same brush. i like your arguement :rolleyes:

If you read my post again you will see that I am not tarring everyone with the same brush. I simply said there are far too many fair weather supporters around.

I gave the example of Blackburn winning the league.... I remember many "Blackburn Fans" roaming the streets when they won the league...I even know a couple of guys who were blackburn fans then "changed their team" (WTF....you can;t change your team)

Thing is, he is an irish international, and if you forgo him, you forgo the rest.....

You can't pick and choose 'em....

Also I stuck up for Jason McAteer being an Irish international. I just don't like the guy.....

Moving on though...this is supposed to be a thread on Crystal Palacve..can we go back on topic....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

I'm gutted. I wanted Sunderland to win.

Advertisement