Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel ?

• 17-05-2004 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

Can I cancel my ESAT Broadband contract ? Signed in January. Disgusted with the service. They overbilled me by mistake twice in a row now. In fact they owe me 388 Euro, so not a small overbill, this came in a month when I had a lot of stuff in my new house going on, mortgage is heavy, could have done without and the overbill has caused me massive problems. Sure they will be sorted out, but it messed my plans up for the next month.

Anyway, sick of these morons. Think I will just cut it off. I signed a contract for a year. How do I get out of it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    Can I cancel my ESAT Broadband contract ? Signed in January. Disgusted with the service. They overbilled me by mistake twice in a row now. In fact they owe me 388 Euro, so not a small overbill, this came in a month when I had a lot of stuff in my new house going on, mortgage is heavy, could have done without and the overbill has caused me massive problems. Sure they will be sorted out, but it messed my plans up for the next month.

Anyway, sick of these morons. Think I will just cut it off. I signed a contract for a year. How do I get out of it ?
    This is one reason why I'd be very wary about using a direct debit to pay for this sort of service - at least with ESAT!

(If you can have it billed to a credit card, you at least have some control over it, and the credit card companies seem to be a little bit more likely to be on your side in the event of a dispute).

Advertisement