Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England Squad for Euro 2004

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I suppose it was too much to hope for that the thread would remain about who is in the squad, as opposed to who's been left out, and then degenerate into yet another 'Celtic are great even though they play in a pub league' debate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I appreciate the point you are making alright. However, a player playing with Celtic in the SPL will, in most occassions, will not have the same big game experience as a similar positioned player in the Premiership. While Thompson is a handy player, he hasn't proven himself consistently on the big stage. There is a reason why Sven is totally over looking him and Sutton and you know why too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have no doubt that the first 11 will be made up of the following with a slight variation in positioning in the midfield!

James

--Neville
    Campbell----Terry
    Bridge--

Gerard

Beckham
    Lampard

Scholes

Rooney
    Owen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd go with that squad too. Lampard would be much more suited to the left role than Gerrard, I think. And Gerrard's armoury of long balls would still make him quite a threat even playing in the defensive midfield role.

Advertisement