Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

440BX upgrade

Options
  • 17-05-2004 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have a 440BX mobo in my system, currently operating with a 450MHz PIII CPU (slot 1). Does anyone know what is the highest spec CPU I can upgrade to with my existing mobo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think its 550MHz. I have one with a 500MHz in it. AFAIK there is a 550MHz Slot 1 ya could get for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Last I checked, there were SECC-based CPUs that ran up to 1GHz (see http://www.intel.com/design/PentiumIII/prodbref/ ) and as the 440BX chipset outlived the SECC chip packaging (AFAIK) it should be able to handled 1GHz parts, at least in later revisions.

Personally, the fastest example I've got is a 600E.

Don't know if this helps, but...
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

upgrade both a new cpu is gonna be a bitch to find these days, a mobo will cost ya less than 50 and a 1.2ghz duron is about 40ish do yourself a favour. This way u can upgrade ur cpu painlessly for another year or 2 at least maybe even 3:rolleyes:

Advertisement