Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toothpaste Recommendation!

• 17-05-2004 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I was eatting ice-cream in the sun yesterday but thanks to my overly sensitive teeth it hurt like a biznitch. I don't know anything about toothpaste or teeth (it's enough to have to brush twice a day!) so I'm hoping someone can give me a recommendation for toothpaste that will let me eat all the ice-cream I can stomach, with out me writhing in pain ever time a tooth touches something cold. I'm sure this isn't the right forum either, but I don't care and I'm too lazy to find out otherwise. I currently use the foul tasting euthmoyl (or however you spell it).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

sensodyne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

Yeah, Sensodyne with whitening is great! It doesn't taste too bad and works fairly well.

If there is a particular tooth (or teeth) that are bad then after you are finished brushing, put some more sensodyne on your finger and rub it onto the tooth (or teeth). Make sure you put enough on to cover the tooth and to go in around the sides too. Leave that there for a minute and then rinse it out.

Sometimes just the length of time from brushin isn't enough, but do what I said before and it makes a huge difference, believe me!!!! It'll probably take a few days for you to notice any difference, but you will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    I currently use the foul tasting euthmoyl

man that **** is wild, it burns the mouth off ye, but you are left so refreshed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Originally posted by ferdi
    man that **** is wild, it burns the mouth off ye, but you are left so refreshed.

I tried to convince a young lady of this on Saturday night, but she didn't bite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Bart: "You could brush your teeth with milkshakes!"

Dr. Nick:"Hey, did you go to Hollywood upstairs medical school too?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bahairy

that is the most bangin deadly toothpaste i have ever tasted.it is so mad i cannot believe. the taste is so sensupous. it is like a beautiful woman caressing the inside of your mouth with a lovely flower.

it tastes like hospital floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by vgar
    Yeah, Sensodyne with whitening is great! It doesn't taste too bad and works fairly well.

If there is a particular tooth (or teeth) that are bad then after you are finished brushing, put some more sensodyne on your finger and rub it onto the tooth (or teeth). Make sure you put enough on to cover the tooth and to go in around the sides too. Leave that there for a minute and then rinse it out.

Sometimes just the length of time from brushin isn't enough, but do what I said before and it makes a huge difference, believe me!!!! It'll probably take a few days for you to notice any difference, but you will!

Does that stuff scrape enamel off your teeth though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

Sensodyne won't strip your Enamel!
    Peradontax is excellent too if you can find it,all BiCarb and natural plant oils!

Sensodyne won't strip your Enamel!
    Peradontax is excellent too if you can find it,all BiCarb and natural plant oils!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

Euthmoyl is the only way to go tbh, it burns the mouth of you but its great.
    That Baking Soda one is good (Arm & Hammer or something).

Tooth paste that is ****e would be any Colgate or Aquafresh shoite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Euthymol is terrible. Your teeth are all fuzzy again within a few hours. and it looks and smells like that cream that is used for nappy rash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

That Baking Soda one is good (Arm & Hammer or something).

Arm & Hammer toothpaste is very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Does Euthymol have fluoride though? I'd use another toothpaste along with Euthymol, or alternate it with a fluoride paste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

whitening/flouride aqua-fresh stuff in the morning (good for breath)

euthymol at night before bed (kills all them bacteria that grew during the day, thats why it tastes like hospital)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I heard though that fluoride is quite bad for your teeth and that countries are already starting to ban it from their shelves.

has anyone got any info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by neXus9
    I heard though that fluoride is quite bad for your teeth and that countries are already starting to ban it from their shelves.

has anyone got any info on this?
    It causes cancer or something similar...

My dad sells Aloe vera products, and he used to be raving about their toothpaste because it didn't have any fluoride.

Fluoride builds up in your system and is a poison in higher concentrations.
    There is talk of removing the fluoride from drinking water, originally added to protect teeth.It may not be necessary any longer as nutrition and dental care have improved.
    Ordinary Sensodyne contains more "Whitening Agent" than most whitening pastes.
    Parodontax does not have Fluoride in it.
    The main "whitener" is Sodium MonoFluoroPhosphate.
    "Kiddie" pastes are full of sweeteners and stuff like Sorbitol which are ****e!
    Less abrasives are used in kids pastes.Usually Aerated Silica is used as a "scrubber" agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Vlad Drac
    Euthmoyl is the only way to go tbh, it burns the mouth of you
    I tried Euthmoyl and it wasn't the mouth burning experience you lead me to believe. It taste like DeepHeat.

If you want mouth burning action, try a 50% Listerine 50% TCP solution....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I be using gravy

sheiitt! it's so ghetto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Another vote for sensodyne here. Cured my sore tooth in a week.

Tastes a bit different to other tootpastes, i.e. you get a shock the first few times, but it's not a bad taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I used to use Sensodine but I switched to Boots Smile sensitive. I find it as good as sensodine but its cheaper and you get a bigger tube !! vg if you are poor...oh and they have buy one get one free and 3 for 2 every now and then so you can stock up on it!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Musashi
    Fluoride builds up in your system and is a poison in higher concentrations.
    There is talk of removing the fluoride from drinking water, originally added to protect teeth.It may not be necessary any longer as nutrition and dental care have improved.

But surely you don't swallow the toothpaste and you always rinse after brushing so surely only a trace amount of fluoride can get into your system?

From my own experimentation with toothpaste, I've found Aqua Fresh to be poor, it tastes alright, smells good and leaves me teeth feeling clean but it's not good tackling stains. All the sweetening agents that are used in it can't be good for your teeth either. Euthymol tastes foul but really tackles stains and plaque leaving my teeth feel very clean and fresh. Colgate isn't too bad, cleans better than Aqua Fresh but not as well as euthymol.

I'll give the old Sensodyne a bash.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Originally posted by neXus9
    My dad sells Aloe vera products, and he used to be raving about their toothpaste because it didn't have any fluoride.

Is your Da in Amway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Pearl Drops keeps yer teeth clean and white ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sensodyne for me, because I suffer from mouth ulcers. Can't use a toothpaste with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate in it, and almost all brands do - the only SLS-free brand I've found is Sensodyne. Have to say, since I started using it, mouth-ulcer occurance is right down - formerly one a week, now one every three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

For stains I recommend Eucryl Smoker's Tooth Pouder. Dip the brush in that and it'll rid your teeth of stains in a few goes. It did for me, anywah.

Originally posted by pickarooney
    Is your Da in Amway?

No, forever living products.

But surely you don't swallow the toothpaste and you always rinse after brushing so surely only a trace amount of fluoride can get into your system?

A trace is all you need as Fluoride builds up in your system and is not eliminated by the body!

• Advertisement
Advertisement