Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOARDS DEBATE: request for Citizenship Ref. debaters.

Options
  • 17-05-2004 6:51pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there...

We have an important piece of legislation passing through this country's courts and its up for a referendum on the 11th of June (unless I'm badly mistaken...).

I plan to have a Boards Debate for the week prior to it, finishing on the day of the referendum.

I'm looking for 3 decent debaters for each side. It works like this:
    The two teams of 3 are the only ones with access to write into the Logos/Debate forum, but everyone can read what they write.
    They make one post each a day which can be a new post of a rebuttal of an old post.

The public can comment and debate as much as they like in a public forum called Pathos/Public.

At the end of the week they sum up and there is a vote by the judges (3 of us) as well as a popular vote in the public forum.

If you want to put your name down then please feel free to do so, here
    You will be committing to making one post a day, each day for a week. You will need to coordinate with your team mates if you want to debate well but frankly its not too taxing :)

So, anyone want a spot-light on their soapbox?

DeV.

Advertisement