Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fog ligts and indicators

Options
  • 17-05-2004 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

does any one in this country know how to use any of the above?

ppl are so stupid and lazy when it comes to using fog ligts and indicators.

i think until ppl can show that they no how 2 use fog lights properly they should not b allowed to equip their cars or buy cars with them.

i hate when ppl use their parking lights and front fogs instead of there dipped beams. i mean come on how hard is it to turn on your dipped beam and leave your fogs till its actually foggy or is a case of i have them and am going to get my monies worth out of them (f/fogs)? and as for rear fogs dont get me started

and indicators i seen a guy on saturday going round a roundabout with his left indicator on the whole way round until he took the 3rd exit (from his perspective) stupid old dumb ass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

It's the same in England. It's really annoying to get behind someone who has his rear fog lamps on when it's not even misty. I've never thought that making rear fogs mandatory on new cars (from about 1980 onward) was a particularly good idea.

As for front fog/auxiliary lights, they are greatly misused as well. Some folk here seem to switch them on if two spots of rain fall or if the sun goes behind a cloud. Even today I came across a car with headlights and front fog lights blazing, on what has got to have been the hottest and sunniest day of the year so far! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

i think you've generalised. there is a difference between driving lamps (55watt low beam) and fog lamps (70watt medium range beam) i have driving lamps on my car, and i find they are useful around dusk, especially in town driving. they are independantly controlled and i use them in low visibility or on murky days. Ask any truck driver and they'll tell you yhat they cannot see a car on their outside especially when raining without some lights on. i do agree about rear fog lamps, and indicators, as often as not people dont use them at all, and pull out without looking... something should be done about driver training in the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Originally posted by Kermitt
    i i have driving lamps on my car, and i find they are useful around dusk, especially in town driving.

this is my point u use your driving lights not your fogs at dusk but some gimps drive around all day long with the fogs on

Advertisement