Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet explorer has been altered

Options
  • 17-05-2004 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi I was on line last week and at one stage came accross a set of those annoying windows that keep popping up. I disconnected and ever since then every time internet explorer starts up it brings me to a specific web site (http://best-search.cc/index.php?v=6&aff=3688459) I have gone into tools and changed my home page back to where I want it but when I start explorer it goes back to the same place again I would appreciate any help on getting rid of this annoyance.
    Thanks
    There are no mistakes in life only lessons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I had one of those (thebestse.com) a while back and I came across this link - http://www.able2know.com/forums/about21407.html
    If you follow the instructions there, you should be cleared of it. Worked perfectly for me.

If you're not great with computers, use the method outlined in the 2nd post there and you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MogwaiFearSatan

http://www.aluriasoftware.com/
    this shower do a spyware scanner, it shows up gain, perfectnav and other s**t like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

hi go here
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18

you need to down load a couple of free programs
    hijack this
    cws shredder

open your own topic
    run hi jack this
    post your log file
    wait
    someone will get back to you with
    detailed instructions on what to remove

when you are finished get spybot search and destroy
    run it regularly to get rid of spyware malware
    this is all free these guys are just helping you out

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Or instead of going through all this crap, just change browser to Firefox , IE is a piece of sh**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Or instead of going through all this crap, just change browser to Firefox , IE is a piece of sh**

There's always one... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's definitely spy-ware. Personally I've found AdAware to be excellent, dead easy to use & it's free.

QUOTE]Or instead of going through all this crap, just change browser to Firefox , IE is a piece of sh**[/QUOTE]

i believe the question was how to get rid of the annoyance not what other browser he could use see your not reading the question did they not teach you that in school
    or have you not got to that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Personally I don't see anything wrong with people challenging IE's dominance. People dont realise how bad it actually is unless they go and get a better browser. Point taken though, it wasn't precisely relevant to the question. (Opera is better though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patoinsf

Thanks for all the help guys I still have the problem and havent been able to find most of the files that I need to remove but I have gotten some VERY GOOD advice about how to keep my system safe in the future I have spybot and adaware running and will get "cws shredder" and "hijack this" tonight. Fool that I am I thought that since I had the latest definitions from norton antivirus I was safe from all the crud that is floating around out there. Anyway thanks again I guess my next stop will be the programming forum to see if they can design some sort of server bomb I can send to "bestse"

hi
    listen if you follow the instructions i gave you ie goto spyware info
    and that
    you will get rid of any spy ware malware on your comp
    you dont have to put up with it its very straight forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

i believe the question was how to get rid of the annoyance [/B]

Using Firefox will get rid of the annoyance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by The Insider

Agreed, even if it is simi-off topic
    its still a resolution for the problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Originally posted by The Insider

Yes, but will it get rid of the annoyer????

hey throwing his comp into the nearest skip will mean he never has to have that ie
    hijacked again as well
    but its not the answer he was looking for

Advertisement