Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Field Study, anyone?

Options
  • 17-05-2004 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hate to have to ask a favour at this point, you're all (hopefully!) busy with study, but I'm short a Geography Field Study... was planning on getting a friend's (it had received full marks for his LC) but he can't find it... Does anyone have one that they could give me?

Composing one at this point would be spending time I really don't have...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

An entire class in my school is short their field studies because their teacher copied our teachers field studies.

They won't be able to use them due to the fact that their exam numbers were sent to the CAO, so if they churn out ours they get nil point. Sucks ass for them.
    If our teacher hadn't done that, we might all have gotten nothing for it in the LC.

So as you can imagine, I, and most people, would rather not jeopardise their leaving cert by either posting them, or sending them to anyone.

Really is a bit late to be looking for one now anyway, wasting valuable revision time for other subjects.
    It's a pity, the field study is the highest marked question on the honours geography course.

Though if you did get one of someone, good luck running the gauntlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by CuLT
    So as you can imagine, I, and most people, would rather not jeopardise their leaving cert by either posting them, or sending them to anyone.

Mmm, I can understand that. I wasn't aware that they distinguished between the field studies of different classes, though - that is news to me...

Thanks for the response. I suppose I'll either compose one, or try and track down a post-LC who hasn't burnt their topic yet and rework it...

Originally posted by Lyconix
    try and track down a post-LC who hasn't burnt their topic yet and rework it...

Best thing to do.

Would be a bad idea to start making one up now; you probably wouldn't get it done to the best of your abilities under the current pressure of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

At a Geography revision course, this guy gave us his fieldwork, said it was an A-winning fieldwork.

...I dropped off to sleep when he started talking about pebble analysis. So did half of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlushPuppie

Minimal facts + Waffle + Bullsh!t = Field Study

I'm telling you,some of the stuff on my field study is ridiculous: "we checked the weather,then we booked the bus" "We examined the rock and, after close scrutiny, came to the conclusion that it was, indeed, a rock"

I barely tried to remember my field study in the mocks. I just made most of it up and I got a B1. A little extra work memorising figures and you've got an A2 very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

Cult - he didnt actually send in the CAO numbers ... he just said that so we woundnt use it ... which i probably will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 nebomb

Originally posted by CuLT

They won't be able to use them due to the fact that their exam numbers were sent to the CAO, so if they churn out ours they get nil point. Sucks ass for them.
    If our teacher hadn't done that, we might all have gotten nothing for it in the LC.

He didnt send in the CAO numbers at all, for one thing the school doesnt have them (unless you gave yours to them) and for another if he had Id wager he wouldnt be keeping his job.
    I didnt get one of the 'shared' field topics so Im just really laughing about the whole issue, theres no real problem with people using the ones they already got anyway though because chances are they wont get caught.

On topic, maybe check out one of those less stress more success books? Might find guidelines for one in one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by nebomb
    On topic, maybe check out one of those less stress more success books? Might find guidlines for one in one of them.

I have a revision book that has two field studies in it, but learning one of them might be pushing my luck a bit.

Originally posted by nebomb
    (unless you gave yours to them)

heh, hell no, but a lot of other people did.

Chances are?
    Chances are chances, and why risk your LC on one?

I just think MD was an eejit, a lazy eejit at that :p . He should have known better, those teachers are all paid quite enough to have they're heads screwed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 nebomb

It wasnt his fault. JC gave him permission to use the fieldworks and then revoked the permission after he'd already given them out...The year heads were very much on MDs side when they were explaining it to our classes. Besides, JC showed he was a twat by making stupid threats and that. MD is just far more cool :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Originally posted by SlushPuppie
    I'm telling you,some of the stuff on my field study is ridiculous: "we checked the weather,then we booked the bus" "We examined the rock and, after close scrutiny, came to the conclusion that it was, indeed, a rock"

lol :p

Advertisement