Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 21: E2

Options
  • 18-05-2004 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Decent enough episode tonight, good stuff from trip as usual and a half decent plot line which linked in nicely with the xindi wondering about other earth ships in the expanse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Didn't they do that whole story in DS9, where Sisco & co get sent back in time, Kira dies, next generation pops up, messes things around so they never get sent back, paradox averted and they pop out of existance ?

Oh yeah, didn't T'pal age a hell of a lot in a hundred years (for a vulcan) - Spock appears in the next generation without getting much older, and he's only half vulcan.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Yeah, the excellent but stupidly-titled 'Children of Time'.

Well I think they had to age her considerably because I don't think that they were both played by the same acctress! :eek: scandal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Pretty good, the storyline wasn't bad and i liked how Archer pulled one over on the other captain. Kinda sad for Reed, but the way he's trying to catch women is just downright funny now ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I love the look on T'pol's face when she's confronted with her older self - "Dear God I've aged so much I look like Agent Smith!". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I think they had to age her considerably because I don't think that they were both played by the same acctress!

That and I think she's older than Spock was anyway - I guess Oil of Olay comes a long way in the next 150 years! :D

Good episode overall tho I thought... but still. the rest of the cast REALLY needs more to do - even Chakotay (generally considered to be the most underused character on VOY) had more to do in the series!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

look is it just me or does anyone think Reed is just gay?? he should hook up with that man he was fighting with a couple of weeks ago. i mean it all adds up!!

Chakotay (generally considered to be the most underused character on VOY)

Thank god for that. All the guy could do was quote Indian mythology and somehow manage to find Native American roots out in the Delta Quadrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Gurgle
    Didn't they do that whole story in DS9, where Sisco & co get sent back in time, Kira dies, next generation pops up, messes things around so they never get sent back, paradox averted and they pop out of existance ?

Oh yeah, didn't T'pal age a hell of a lot in a hundred years (for a vulcan) - Spock appears in the next generation without getting much older, and he's only half vulcan.
    Afaik, she's already close to 100 in Enterprise (feel free to correct me geeks), whereas Spock is much younger in TOS, maybe in his 30s or 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well it was a good epsidoe but 1 thing made no sence.

why didnt the ENT go back in time? (both of them) then there would be 2 ships, 100 years later they meet up with the 3rd enterprise and repeat for a few 1000 years then they wopuld have a LARGE fleet to stop the Xindi, but no Archer wanted all the glory for himself.

I enjoyed it 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by User45701
    why didnt the ENT go back in time? (both of them) then there would be 2 ships, 100 years later they meet up with the 3rd enterprise and repeat for a few 1000 years then they wopuld have a LARGE fleet to stop the Xindi, but no Archer wanted all the glory for himself.

I enjoyed it 7/10
    The idea of waiting another 100 years probably wasn't too tasty.....plus by the time you have a fleet of ship, all but two of your ships are so old they're crumbling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Even attempting to argue over ST time travel episodes is pointless. The writers just seem to make up the "laws" of timetravel to suit whatever way they want the plot to go...

davej

There best effort was VOY 2 parter called the year of hell there where only 2 problems with that episode.

Also TNG Yesterdays enterprise was quite good.

But u can always poke holes in star trek temperal paradoxs

Year of hell was brilliant. And for once noone remembered what happened despite undoing history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Pretty good epp but I saw the end comming a mile away, a bit clichaed! (sp)
    The next epp 22 was class great fight in it. any one seen it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yes i have but we will say no more

Ye ive seen it 2, one of the best so far but lets wait till mon to discuss it.

Also what was the name of the strange cannon the other ENT had? was it the fhascial cannon or something like that? looked like interesting tech,
    It seemed to have a very good firing Arc, looked allot like some sort of dominion turret and not a cannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Just watched it today. The FX were as always top notch. The actual plot was a bit rubbish but it worked fairly well, I would've preferred more about the aliens in the nebula than a time travel plot, but I still rather enjoyed the episode even if the ending was obvious from early on.

Seriously they waited 5 hours for the 2nd Enterprise before Archer has the light bulb moment that maybe they don't exist anymore? Not the brightest man alive is he ;)

Also what's with the spoilery hints for the next episode ppl? :mad:

6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thats my bad i didn't consider it a huge/massive spoiler as enterprise is in a fight most weeks :)

post edited now not that it can fix things up for ya, i'll try keep a closer eye in future and we politely ask spooky donkey to spoiler all mention of future episodes

Regards

Data

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Aye taped it and saw it today, good ep. Liked Blalocks acting this week she played the part well I thought. Action was good as it has consistently been the last few. I'd rate it 7/10.

Advertisement