Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a Westbam track... can't seem to be found!

• 18-05-2004 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a track from 1995 , kind of EuroTrance genre. Its Westbam vs Red Jerry - Wizards of the Sonic. There are plenty of remixes of the track, and I have tried numerous MP3/purchase sites, but to no avail, of the version I am looking for. Starts with a slightly warped synth intro before what sounds like Japanese bells coming in prior to the beat...

Anyone following me??!?!:confused:

The track is the opening track on side 2 of DJ Sci's The Dark Side, if that helps anyone.

Let me know here or PM, it doesn't matter.

Cheers,

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

erm, i've got it...

i'll upload a *cough*sample*cough* of it at the weekend if i can remember to bring it home with me...

it's also got a female vocal going "ooooah oooah, oooohhhohh oooohhohh"

/edit.
    are you looking for a specific remix of it and not the original?
    i've only got the original mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Hi tman,

yep, that sounds like the one! Its like the 'verses' of the song are her repeating those 2 'words', 4 times (ooo-ooh, oo-ooh, oo-ooh, oo-oaah... I think you get it!). Matt Darey uses that sample in his own remix version of Wizards... from around 1998.

I hope *cough* if you are *cough* going to *cough* allow *cough* a sample to be up-*cough*-loaded, that the quality is great! I hate sounding ungrateful (usually) but I am partial to 128Kbps and below quality.... would you consider posting a cd copy of it as a worst case scenario?

And thanks a million for the quick reply! I've been tryin since 1996 to get the whole track since I heard it on that mix tape! My wait may be over!

Cheers,

Seanie.

now that you mention it, it could be the matt darey remix that i have... i'll have to look into it.

afair it's a 160kbps file, decent quality.
    the mix i have might just be a wrongly tagged version of the matt darey mix... which was on cream anthems '98 iirc.

hhhmmm... this is where I got caught before. I have Matt Darey's remix which was frequently used on mix compilations such as Gatecrasher etc. His version STARTS with a beat, for mixing/beat matching. What I'm looking for doesn't.

Any luck?

aye, the version i have starts with a beat:(
    sorry for getting your hopes up.

i'm sure one of the soulseek users could help you out

• Advertisement

oh well tman.... I should really break your knees for getting my hopes up... :p Lucky for you I know not where you live!

Maybe anyone else reading this post could help?

Seanie.

Advertisement