Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Maitenance Courses

Options
  • 18-05-2004 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a motor maitenance course in the Dublin area, I had a friend who did a similar one before he drove to OZ but he said it has helped him get by, in the likes of Iran etc.

Obviously we cant all be mechanics but it would be nice to be able to do a little servicing of the car ie. replacing sparks, changing oil, filters etc.

Anyone here done one, what did you think and how much and how long did it take.

Cheers :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

buy old fiat and HAYNES manual

Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 1.2 '97. E/w, s/r, c/l, fsh, Price: €600 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Talking about Haynes Manuals easons in liffey valley was selling a load of them for 3.99..

I got about 5, fiat punto, corolla, golf mk4 and landrover defender handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Bad time of the year to go looking; I did one as an evening course and these run Sept-Dec and Jan-May approx. The one I did was in Ringsend Tech, close to East Link bridge. Not hands-on, so wouldn't recommend it. The guy giving the course did some full time courses, possibly in somewhere like Bolton Street.
    Man I wish they'd run some 1 week courses during the summer. I'd take a week off for a good course.

Haynes manuals are good if you know what you're looking for / at. The photos are mostly black and white and not clear enough sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by a_ominous
    Haynes manuals are good if you know what you're looking for / at. The photos are mostly black and white and not clear enough sometimes.

So true the latest ones are not as good as earlier manuals plus much gets ingnored these days as repair requires a lab coat and fancy code-reading gear.

My sister went on an evening course in car mantainence years ago, what a waste of time - she's useless! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

hehe

• Advertisement
Advertisement