Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Exchange 5.5 problem

Options
  • 18-05-2004 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Guys (& girls)

I need your assistance. One of my (ab)users caused my email server to crash last friday, this was not noticed until Monday morning & the message store is now corrupt.

I set up a new email server as a lot of our work was done by email & it was critical that we got it back. But there was a lot of information stored in email (about 9GB worth).

Is there any tool or agency which can recover the data ?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Another exchange server bites the dust.....
    Yer screwed, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Absolutely nothing that can be done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do you have any backups? Where I work, we back up our exchange boxes nightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Not in my experience anyway.

Last time this happened, I switched to MDaemon, haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

You should be able to reconstruct the database if it isnt to badly damaged, take a copy of the exchange database files before you start, if you are fairly competant with MS stuff start looking at your MSDN cd's a good start would be eseutil:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182903

you will need loads of free disk space, if you do a repair with eseutill remember it doesnt bring it to a consistent state you have to do that after. More than likely you will lose some data. If you arent sure what you are doing get a pro in, you can more than likely recover the database. The best solution would be to restore from a backup though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement