Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crummy CS from UTV

Options
  • 18-05-2004 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Got a very intersting email from UTV on Saturday in which I was accused to using the "Incorrect number" for accessing their service. The email "advised" to cease and desist from such activites or be charged at full local rates for these calls.

I was not using any incorrect number just their dialer. Am I to assume that the back up number is no more?

I rang UTV CS and got no where with them just accusations and frankly I didn't like their tone. Asked for a sup and no luck there.

In the end I cancelled my account. No attempt was made to keep my business.

I dont't think they will get far with an attitude like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Manually dial the 1893 number to hear what happens, are you ex directory by any chance and forgot to 'tell' their dialler ...so it knows to dial 142 before the 1893 number ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Muck
    Manually dial the 1893 number to hear what happens, are you ex directory by any chance and forgot to 'tell' their dialler ...so it knows to dial 142 before the 1893 number ?

M

Did all that. Was using the dialer for months and no problems. Anyway UTV's loss is Esat BT's gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Bond-007

I rang UTV CS and got no where with them just accusations and frankly I didn't like their tone. Asked for a sup and no luck there.

That's well out of order. Ring back and ask for Charles McRoberts, i'd demand an explanation if I were you.
    They haven't a clue on the admin side. I cancelled my account and CPS with them last July, got confirmation for it - and checked the online tool the odd time to double check I wasn't being charged - and in December I got a bill for over 600 euro, demanding immediate payment. Cheeky gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

No attempt was made to keep my business.

I noticed this also when I cancelled my UTV account (not for the same reasons you described) and was quite surprised that I was "let go" so easily.

viking

Got a very intersting email from UTV on Saturday in which I was accused to using the "Incorrect number" for accessing their service. The email "advised" to cease and desist from such activites or be charged at full local rates for these calls.

I was not using any incorrect number just their dialer. Am I to assume that the back up number is no more?

In the end I cancelled my account. No attempt was made to keep my business.

I dont't think they will get far with an attitude like that.

Anyway an update.

I recieved an email from UTV which from its contents I think was not for me. It was an internal email written about me sent to her sups. Don't know how I got it. Anyway it calls me some very unflatering things.

Says its confidential and all. LOL:D

Any suggestions as what to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Are you accused of any pecadillos that we may enjoy hearing about ?

Paste it in here so .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Post it here, it's your property now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Reminds me of the direct debit form for somebody else entirely that was included with my last clicksilver bill. heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Please post it here...but first make sure you reply to the supervisor, with a "stern" tone ;)

Remove any names though to protect the stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

/me salivates in waiting for this email

• Advertisement

Lads I shall post it tonight, when I get home from work:)

This is the email I recieved:

Cust called up saying that he received an email regarding dialing the wrong number- did not know what was happening as I looked at his account and he was not dialing
    the wrong number. Explained that he must have received it by Mistake- or because he had ISDN and he was dialing the UL number. Refused to listen and said the email was ‘threatening’ and he was not happy. Said his solicitor called it ’harassment’ (he received the email on Sat- and has already been to see his solicitor regarding it?!?) He wanted to speak to someone else and I put him on hold- (Gormless Supv) couldn’t explain it either and therefore did not want to speak to him yet. He did not believe that there was no one there to take his call. I said THE BOSS would call him after lunch- he said that he works in a call centre also and he knows what happens and how it works etc etc…

He then hung up.

A Drone

UTV Internet Ltd

What do you guys think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

id love to know how you got that email at all in the first place

:D

Ah it's not too bad. Typical internal stuff. Most companies are OK about internal stuff being informal, so long as it catches the essentials of the call, which that seems to have.

Allowing such internal "memos" get to end users is a hangable offence though!

Originally posted by seamus
    :D

Ah it's not too bad. Typical internal stuff. Most companies are OK about internal stuff being informal, so long as it catches the essentials of the call, which that seems to have.

Allowing such internal "memos" get to end users is a hangable offence though!

I wonder should I email that to A Drone's boss?:D

Afterall it accused me of being a liar. I did ask my friend of the law and he was not impressed as I had done no wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

post it on the utv.support newsgroup, make them squirm in front of their customers :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Afterall it accused me of being a liar.
    Where?

Originally posted by oscarBravo
    Where?
    Said his solicitor called it ’harassment’ (he received the email on Sat- and has already been to see his solicitor regarding it?!?)
    Thinly-veiled. She may not have meant it that way.

Thinly-veiled. She may not have meant it that way.
    I didn't read it that way. I would have interpreted as "Jeez, how excitable is this guy?"

Anyway, Its a customer lost for UTV and they don't seem to care. I won't be crying when they are squeezed out of the comms market.

• Advertisement

Anyway, Its a customer lost for UTV and they don't seem to care.
    If, for whatever reason, you were overusing the rollover number, then it's not surprising that you won't be missed.
    I won't be crying when they are squeezed out of the comms market.
    Just what percentage of their customer base do you think you constitute?

If, for whatever reason, you were overusing the rollover number, then it's not surprising that you won't be missed.
    It's hardly his fault if he's overusing the rollover number. They programmed the dialler.

It's hardly his fault if he's overusing the rollover number. They programmed the dialler.

Thanks for your comments seamus.

Aside, I see they are not registered in the republic as a company or business, so its little surprise the contempt they have for ROI customers as there is little recourse to be had as they are convieniently outside the country. They wouldn't try that with its northern customers.

I wasn't allocating blame, just stating the facts insofar as they can be determined from the limited amount of information available.

They wouldn't try that with its northern customers.
    Try what?

Try what?

Mess about with its customers.

If they did that to their northern customers, they could take action via ofcom in the UK.

It's my opinion that UTV treat its southern custs as cash cows and don't give a f*** about them. As I said earlier if a northerner called in and wanted to complain they would get a better response or the regulator would be called in.

Mess about with its customers.
    There's three sides to every story. From what you've told us so far, I've an open mind on this situation.
    If they did that to their northern customers, they could take action via ofcom in the UK.
    It's still not clear to me what you think they did, but if you think it's that serious, take action via ComReg.
    It's my opinion that UTV treat its southern custs as cash cows and don't give a f*** about them.
    It's my opinion that you're wrong about this.
    As I said earlier if a northerner called in and wanted to complain they would get a better response
    How do you know?
    or the regulator would be called in.
    So call in ComReg. They may not be registered as a business in the Republic (and I thought they were, but I can't find an entry on the CRO site), but they're certainly a licenced telecoms operator, and as such are answerable to ComReg.

Advertisement