Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VC Yellowbellies

Options
  • 18-05-2004 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Wexford/Gorey/Arklow net cafes are running a BFViet tourney this thursday{20th} on our spanking new server.All welcome,though a word to the wise, the TnF clan have been kicking ass all week so have a packed lunch ready and a portaloo might be an idea.Contact IO Cafe wexford for IP or email me at burtyburr@aussiemail.com.au

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL TIG vs dem lads der.

Fight Fight Fight !!!!!!!

Kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 IGAMES_IE

No prob.We have a get together every thursday in a trench out back to discuss tactics and teach the younguns how to build stake pits.
    Well except Whisper....he just hides in the tree's with his sniper rifle muttering to himself and shooting greenflies of his ma's roses.Quite an achievement considering she lives in Galway.
    Times and dates available from info@iocafe.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

this sounds interesting, not around this thursday myself but should be after that

data

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by IGAMES_IE
    ... "Contact IO Cafe wexford for IP or email me"...

If you want to advertise your café thats fine, buy some advertising space on Boards and do so. If you want to advertise your server and get people playing then post up the IP to the community, dont try and make people visit your café or email you to get it.

Also, seeing as though you have not actually posted an IP to the server but just advertised gaming nights and a phantom server this is more suited to the Lan Parties, or maybe even the Recycle Bin. I'll leave it here for the moment though.

Winters - thank you for your reply. This post was originally made by a gamer here, trying to be helpful. I would not post the IP address of the server here, as it is generally private - we pay alot of money for this and as such have to maximise the return.

Advertising budgets are tight I'm afraid. We couldn't justify it for Boards at present, but may do so in the future - I will mention it to the others involved.

We do want people to visit the cafes, that is true. We have found that gamers, like anyone else, enjoy the interactivity of others. What we are trying to offer is a social setting for playing games, games which are organised like lan parties, but on a more regular basis. We have events almost every day.

It was not my intention (nor did I condone what the original poster said) to overstep the bounds of this thread at all, but to let a community know that there was life outside of Dublin when it came to gaming, and that there are places that people can go to play, regularly.

Thanks again for leaving this up - my gamers and I thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Winters - thank you for your reply. This post was originally made by a gamer here, trying to be helpful. I would not post the IP address of the server here, as it is generally private - we pay alot of money for this and as such have to maximise the return.

Ever hear of a password?

Winters - hahaha.

Of course...what would be the point of posting a password protected IP address for a games server...none really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm curious whats the point of a passworded server on the internet if you're a netcafe playing lans ?

because we do both!! There are 3 net cafes all logging into a dedicated games server, so it's like a LAN party, but based in 3 different locations.

The server that we rent for these events pings typically at 120/30 or less (typically 60 -80), which is perfect for what we do.

We also on occasion enter events that pay prize money. There is one comming up soon that will offer the winning team of 5 about Stg£500 for example. But this is a big event with about 16 to 20 teams.

Mail me for more info....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

120/30 eck lagfest !
    Sure even winters wouldnt play with that and he's got some sort of lagfest fetish, but whatever rocks your boat.

• Advertisement

We've had no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

This post was originally made by a gamer here, trying to be helpful.

Isint that nice of them, give them a medal for giving you a bad name by advertising where its not suppose to be.I would advise you obtain your own boards.ie account insted of using one spread over multiple users, if even to stop the confusion here between who seems to be actually posting. You may find it quite useful.
    I would not post the IP address of the server here, as it is generally private

So, someone else is trying to "advertise" an actual "private" server as such on a public forum?
    but to let a community know that there was life outside of Dublin when it came to gaming, and that there are places that people can go to play, regularly.

Many people here are from outside of Dublin and do know of places where this goes on. I can see your reason for wanting to get your café known as having multiple café's all connecting to the same server is a good idea.
    ... We also on occasion enter events that pay prize money. There is one comming up soon that will offer the winning team of 5 about Stg£500...

Mail me for more info...

This once again I assuming was the origional poster? Why advertise a foreign currency too if your suppose to be an Irish café? And I would once again look upon this as advertising ... to a degree. Its not general conversation about the café and its lan parties but what seems to be your 'helpful gamer' trying to once again advertise your lan parties.

It is nice to see Battlefield Lan parties in Ireland so I do welcome your post about them. But, seeing as though its a post about daily/regular lans it can be categrised as an advertisment. Posting about large scale events where you want people to come, or tourniments are welcome providing you provide information on them in the post and do not attempt to get people to email etc. for more information.

But the fact still remains, the server isint open to the general public, only to those in the café. And so, by advertising the server you are indeed advertising the café. Thead LOCKED. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement