Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing stereo from Rover 200

Options
  • 18-05-2004 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I just bought a new MoS stereo for my Rover 200. The first step obviously is removing the old one. Can anyone tell me how I'd go about this? Once I have the old one out I'm sure i can figure out the rest :)

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

I am sure there is a few gurriers that will do it for ya in 30 seconds flat for a nominal fee, look around for Anto and Whacker.!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Or I could just leave the car unlocked anywhere on the Northside :D. But I preferably want the wires intact to put in the new one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

hehe

Figured it out. Amazing what you can do with two coat hangers and brute force :D

Even managed to get the new one in and working! Sometimes I amaze myself :)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

How'd ya do it in the end? I just ordered a new stereo, should be here soon.

• Advertisement

If you have a Rover as well there are two holes on both sides of the stereo where the locks are. You can get a tool to remove it properly in a hardware store. I was too impatient to wait until the shop opened in the morning so I just used two coathangers and got each side out separately. Then the whole thing just popped out. There's a holding tray in there as well so make sure you take that out too.

As for hooking up the new one - easy - two ISO connections and a power lead. Straight in with the new one.

Steve

Advertisement