Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decks + Mixer.

• 18-05-2004 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I will be getting the following set up over the next few days:

2 x Numark TT 200 Decks

Behringer VMX 300 3 channel mixer

My budget was quite low and i didnt want (afford) 1210's

Has anyone any experience with these decks or mixer?

My choice is mainly from reviews and playing with them at a party a few weeks ago.

Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

well, you get set up yet?

i'm interested to hear what you have to say about them.
    possibly looking about getting a set myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

ye i got the decks and i actually bought a Numark DXM06

The decks are sweet, but the bloody mixer had a broken kill switch on it, so i had to send it back. so im stuck with 2 decks and i cant do anything with them. But the day or so i did have it up and running everything was sweet, im only learning so i dont have much to compare them to, but a few mates (DJ's) who came over were very impressed, most of them were always "1210's or nothing" kinda mindset, but i think i could have converted them. I really like they way you can have a straight arm or
    S-Arm

Take a look

Mixer

Sorry about big files.

Im a bit pissed about the mixer but they are really great decks, ill let you know what the mixer is like when i get it back on friday.

Sean

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Only saw this topic now. don't have a clue what the decks are like, but my first set were numarks 1520's and I thought they were decent enough,
    But I would have stuck with the mixer you chose first, numark mixers are nutorious for their faders leading.. but that mixer does have some tasty effects compaired the the Behringer having no effects..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The reason i went for the numark mixer is that my local shop had it reduced and a mates had one for a year and loves it. Ill probably be getting a 3 channel mixer in the next year of so for a CD deck or PC once i get to grips with mixing 2 channels.

Ill let you know how i get on when i get the new one.

Has anyone used www.clubbingeurope.com for vinyl? what are they like?

Sean

Advertisement