Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheaper tyres

Options
  • 18-05-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

http://www.eiretyres.com/

This site has a great selection of tyres at good prices.
    I saved about 80 euro, after including fitting/balancing. (45 euro with new valves)

They were delivered pretty quick, but usual courier problem of
    of no drop off if no sign off, but if you ring them they will drop off
    without sign off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

Did you have any problems getting someone to fit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Advance pitstop wanted 20 euro per tyre, I went to chaulkey tyres in ranelagh,
    he done all four for 45, no problem. Guy fitting the tyres was curious where I got them, and how much I paid for them!

Try it out see what price advance or whoever gives you, then check it against this crew. Just make sure you get the right type if ordering! (although they say they will take them back no problems as long as you haven't tried to fit them)

Also don't buy a V rated tyre if your car only needs H, there is a big difference in price.

I certainly feel better not having to take it in the rump from a tyre fitter.... besides why would they earn more money per hour than me, with bad service thrown in....
    I'm following Mary Hearney's advice and shopping around, we have to do it if we want to change rip off Ireland..... I believe Mary though this idea up on the goverment jet, when she was flying down wesshht to open her friends pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

It's to hear of someone who actually used this site. I was a curious myself as to who would fit them and how much. Incidentally, what type/size tyres did you buy?

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Goodyear Eagle Ventura, 195/60 14 H.
    Cost 260, 45 to fit.
    Reckon I saved 80 euro.

They have a better selection of tyres than local gug-gugs, plus links to some reviews, which are helpful.

Had a mix of dunlop sp Sport 200 or 300 and continental ec0-contact before, I think these are a lot better. Ride seems better, road noise too. Yet to see how they handle the twisty stuff but all indications they are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Sounds good..... I must remember to give that tyre fitter a bell next time I need a new set. That seems like a very good price to get them fitted.

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I need to get tyres for my car and recently got a few quotes [on Bridgestone Potenza SO3]:-
    front: 235/45 R17
    rear: 255/40 R17
    Anyway, everywhere was quoting me 200+ per front corner and an extra 20 or 30 for the backs.
    [url]www.eiretyres.com:[/url]
    front ~€170
    rear: ~€190
    giving a saving of over 50quid after fitting - not much (given the amount spent) but it is better off in my pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I tried them 2 months ago for a Continental ContiSportContact 245/45 R18 96 Y

eiretyres.com €246 each + fitting
    Kwikfit €230 including fitting (saves a lot of hassle)

Have to admit eiretyres were second cheapest. The RRP of this tyre is €315

Ring Kwikfit and negotiate (haggle) :)

Advertisement