Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats IOL/BT Broadband like....?

• 18-05-2004 4:17pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭

They rang me today and I signed up,so can anybody tell me what they are like...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

When i was on them they were pretty good. A good compromise between the high pings/low cap of eircom and the big cap/slower ping/cps of utv. They can have their off days with billing but i personally never had any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭fiacha

you just made some sales person very happy !

I got connected to the basic package last week and so far I am happy.
    Good in game pings 30-40ms and good download speeds.

Did not have broadband previously, so EVERYTHING seems alot quicker. expect to spend hours searching for something BIG to download, just because you can :)

it took about 10 days from order to get setup.

once you're setup you'll have to ring the support line to get your email and webspace setup.

fiacha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

had a fair bit of hassle getting set up (2 months) and a few hiccups there after, but have been happy with the service of late.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Is there much seting up to be done....?I can use a computer fine but I have never opened one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

no, its fairly simple. you just run the cd they send you and then plug in the modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

hey dub,
    should have said, the set up hassle was actually more to do with getting the line assigned as those muppets in eircom messed me around. In terms of the modem and the like its pretty straight forward. shouldn't take you long at all.

eircom = mocrie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tammy,
    I no all about eircom....the IOL/BT deal is not bad 33 Eurobucks I am paying 28 now for anytime so its a good deal for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have the broadband + (16gb cap, 24/1 etc) and i have to say its fantastic. Pings are about 20ms and its lovely and fast. It was pretty quick to get too, Eircon did not fúck us about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Dub13
    They rang me today and I signed up,so can anybody tell me what they are like...?
    Probably would have been a better idea to ask what they're like before signing up... but anyway.
    Pretty rubbish overall, sure they're easy to reach when you want to sign up, but if something goes wrong (and it will)- expect at least a half hour on hold before you reach a human being who'll know nothing anyway.
    I won't be renewing my contract with them.

Advertisement