Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The joys of Summer

Options
  • 18-05-2004 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Well summer is here once again. Picnics. Walks in the park. Young lovers enjoying the glorious sunshine and the sweet smell of flowers in the air. Awwww. And while all that’s going on im hiding under the nearest tree smearing goop on my face desperately trying to avoid direct sunlight while the sweet smell of flowers is causing my eyes and nose to water in a must unpleasant manner. No im not a vampire, nor am I a voyeur spying on those young lovers (although…) Nor am I even some form of magical eye/noses fluid dispenser. No I have a problem with sunlight. Summer sunlight. If im out in it unprotected for more that 10 minutes I burn, quite badly. And by cruel twist of fate I also have bad hay fever, which in turn can trigger off my bad asthma. And that’s REALY bad. Why am I wrighting this you ask? I HATE SUMMER! And I cant be the only one. Even if you don’t hate summer there must be aspects you hate. So I post this here asking you to share you summer horror stores. Allergies, fear of bugs, or stuff that happens in summer but is in no way linked to it, such as exams or a mighty space creature attacking your car? Please share and help spread the hate.

Oh and flip-flops I hate flip-flops to!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What the fuck?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Bit of a random tread I'll admit but im in a bad mood today and need an outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I hate trying to do things when it's really really hot, like going into town is hell!
    But I love this weather for sitting outside....and studying. :mad: :rolleyes:
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robwDIT

people (women) who wear clothes that are way to small for them and definately shudnt be wearin summit that small with that much hangin out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Lazy fecking people who couldn't be bothered spelling words properly in posts!

How hard is it to spell shouldn't?

Don't you people study English in school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I dislike the heat. It makes me sleepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

There is only one thing to do when the weather gets like this, buy a pair of black sunglasses and walk up and down Grafton Street and its surrounding regions and perv at all the scantily clad ladies !!!! :cool:

Also nothing better then a cool pint in a beer garden soaking up the sun..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Groovy Mover

Beer gardens are great alright!

I have to say I love the Summer - it puts me in a great mood! I love the long evenings - nothing worse then going to work when it's dark and coming home and it's dark again!

I hate the way Irish people go mad with the first sign of sun - everyone is burnt and have stupid tan lines!!

Summer rocks!!:D

For all you Hay fever sufferers - get the jab - it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by Gerard_Smith
    Bit of a random tread I'll admit but im in a bad mood today and need an outlet.
    i dislike people who use the word random so loosely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

If you judge people by how they construct sentences then your missing out in life. I may occasional take stylistic liberties with the language, but I still have pint of milk in my fridge. Now stop being judgmental. :)

Oh and that bit about the fridge, now that was random. :P

Now back to summer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jack Frost

We snowmen tend to be overlooked in the topic of summer, yes we do seem to melt alot but hey, lots of ice crem is put into my fridge! can't complain! - jack frost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Originally posted by bandit
    There is only one thing to do when the weather gets like this, buy a pair of black sunglasses and walk up and down Grafton Street and its surrounding regions and perv at all the scantily clad ladies !!!! :cool:

Interesting idea....let's turn the tables....
    Girls, we should all do this this weekend to check out the lads....:D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chromesoulno.5

is trying to barge your way up grafton street through all the basstarding tourists i hate them argghhhhhhhhh.

That and over affectionate displays of public affection ie; the gits in the middle of stephens green wearing the face of each other. no one minds the odd kiss of young lovers but dry riding by the pond **** that send em all home.

I hate this two things ..... there will be more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i hate having to be at work when the sun is beating down outside... and all your mates are in the park enjoying the finer things in life, like the odd tokey tokey here and there... and you have to serve damn customers who're goin out into the sunshine that you can't get out in..... and then there's screaming kids who have no reason to scream but they do it anyway... but hey summer is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Groovy Mover

I have to say I enjoy Summer much more now as I'm not a student anymore - studying when the sun was shining was a nightmare! I'd convince myself that I could study sitting out the back garden but never got a tap done! Especially when the poxy kids next door would have the paddling pool out!!

I do miss the 3 months off all the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

when u go to the shop to buy ice cream and all thats left are the mad expensive ones that are horrible...oh and i HATE exams with a passion! oh and i hate trying to find a summer job. oh and hayferver.. take zirtek.. that works for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

I have to say that I loathe "isms" or the extreme in all things - that includes the weather, and me being Canadian, "I am just soooo screwed!" Like the starter of this interesting tread of post, I too suffer from both hay fever (gotta love the bloodshot, itchie eyes & that perpetual river of snot running out of one's nose), and am easily burnt by the sun - seems almost prosaic that I write books about vampires ;) If these attractive traites where not enough, I also have a crap set of lungs that get a tad wonkie when it's too hot or too cold - this tends to put a damper on my running, so I'm out speed walking my neighborhood streets before dawn!

My favorite seasons are fall - for the amazing colors that it brings before it slowly dies, and Spring - to witness the rebirth of nature... I also love the smell of fresh falling rain - but I'm odd that way :)

Canadian winters are wicked deadly to say the least.... I'm talking "cold" - a bitter, cutting kind of cold that seeps into the very marrow of your bones and holds to you like slow death. To help soften, to counter the often - if not always unforgiving cold, there's an inate beauty to the eb and flow, the moving waves of snow, and how the moonlight seems to shine off of every flake, as if the sky itself has fallen to the ground....

Hmmm, waffled on there didn't I?

Sorry!

But yeah summer does and can suck :)

Advertisement