Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow boot up

Options
  • 18-05-2004 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

i seem to have run into a small problem, while not serious ion itself, it just annoying,

after everything posts when i boot up, and just before the winows xp logo appears the screen stays blank for about 60 seconds or so, then an white bar appears on screen then the windows logo appears, and all boots as normal.

this has only started to happen in the last few days,

any one any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Try using TuneXP. It will clean up your boot files so that your pc boots faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

thanks for the link,

downloading now

tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

sounds like a corrupted MBR - boot to a recovery console (put in XP CD, select recovery console when prompted), type fixmbr, reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

well i used tune xp, and it sped up the boot no end, fully loaded from on button to able to use in 15 secs,

i thought about cruppet mbrs myself, but i ran fixmbr before i posted and it was still the same after.

well its all good now, so im happy, a big thank you to
    neokenzo! i owe you one

Advertisement