Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable unlock for n-gage

Options
  • 18-05-2004 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if it is possible to unlock an n-gage using a nokia cable and software? I've been cursed with the the "not allowed" message after using 5 different calc codes (from 3 different calcs - was sure the last one would work=famous last words) so was wondering if there is any other way to unlock this phone

searched around but couldn't find anything so any help will be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Silly person, you don't diserve to have that phone. The ngage is a DCT4 type 5 phone not the common DCT type 2 phone.

You have two options:

1. Bring it to the nokia repair shop and say that it keeps bring up error messages, mention problems with it saying "app main fault". They will reflash it. Think that should fix it, not sure.

2 Bring it to GSM solutions www.gsmsolutionsltd.com and they will fix it and charge you €30 for your troubles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    Silly person, you don't diserve to have that phone. The ngage is a DCT4 type 5 phone not the common DCT type 2 phone.
    What ya mean by that?

It is possible to unlock them using calculators from different sites. I've unlocked mine using one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hes silly cos he addmitted he knew that he had 5 attemps, yet he decided to ask for help after he put in the 5 attemps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Ahhh..i see..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I will not deny my sillyness :( but I was aware that it was a type 5 instead of a type 2 and specifically used calcs set for type 5 codes. having it unlocked isn't majorly important to me as its a backup phone, just wanted the option.

Thanks for the suggestions though

• Advertisement
Advertisement