Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloody burglar alarms ringing endlessly....

• 18-05-2004 6:51pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are there any requiremnts which a domestic burglar alarm system must conform to?

Such as time for the alarm to cut off etc?

What is open to neighbours when a burglar alarm rings endlessly destroying pleasant summer evenings in the garden not to mention night's sleep and so on.

It seems strange that if a noisy crowd gathered outside my house in the middle of the night I can call the police and they will hopefully move them on but there appears to be little or nothing that can be done about an alarm ringing endlessly!!!.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

As far as i know any alarm going in now has to cut off after 15-20 minutes but the internal alarm can continue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by mbroaders
    As far as i know any alarm going in now has to cut off after 15-20 minutes but the internal alarm can continue.

But how can that be enforced? That's really the question I guess:rolleyes:

The one I am reluctantly listening to now has beein going for the past hour at least and there was another one on Sunday last which went all day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What about car alarms?
    "Oh no, a leaf landed on my bonnet - SOUND THE ALARM."
    The owners are typically either deaf or out for the day.
    Not that they're much use anyway, so many house/car alarms go off so regularly that nobody finds it alarming any more... just irritating.
    In fact sometimes I hope those cars ARE being robbed so they might be driven off somewhere where I can't hear it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Then you're always the unlucky one to live beside someone with a 1970's alarm which just Rings, rings n Rings. I often wonder why they don't bother just setting it off before they leave the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

alarms installed since sept 2003 have to operate between 90sec - 15min, on the external siren.

you can take it to your local district court for noise pollution (once you tell the owner that its disturbing you first) and have it resolved there.

Enda

• Advertisement
Advertisement