Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Battlefield 1942™ World War II Anthology Released

Options
  • 18-05-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about Winters? A World War II anthology? Yes, EA have released Battlefield 1942 and the Expansion Packs [and some extras] in one giant box. It is also available in stores here on the 21st of this May. Here is a bit of info on the release...
    [align=center]14778_dt.jpg[/align]
    Battlefield 1942™ World War II Anthology Includes:
    • Battlefield 1942™ - The 2002 PC Game of the Year.
    • Battlefield 1942™: The Road to Rome - Fight your way to victory on the Italian front in this hit Expansion Pack.
    • Battlefield 1942™: Secret Weapons of World War II - Take command of the most lethal top-secret weapons of WWII in this bestselling Expansion Pack.
    • All-out combat throughout the South Pacific, North Africa, and Eastern and Western Europe. Plus, a variety of additional maps, including Coral Sea, Operation Aberdeen, Battle of Britain, the Philippines, and Caen.
    • The Top-5 fan-created maps.
    • Map Editor - design your own battlefields.

From EA Online Store

You can order Battlefield 1942™ World War II Anthology from Play.com, Amazon.co.uk or the closeist store to you too ... if you like going "outside". It retails at about €50. Perfect for any of you looking to get your hands into some 1942 action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Now if only they patch Bf v instead of releaseing new box sets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The MOH Warchest they released in Europe didnt have the bonus disk the yanks got ,they may pull that trick again.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

are the expansions worth having?

RTR is 3 superb maps on it, secret weapons is a bit gimmicky.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

what extra stuff is there? just the 5 best fan maps and the map creator?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by suppafly
    what extra stuff is there? just the 5 best fan maps and the map creator?

Looks like it atm, yanks getting same deal.

kdjac

thats sounds fairly sh*te tbh. sure u could just download them yurself. r they not going to put some exclusive content on or something? maybe some stuff about BF2 or something?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I want BFV patch :(
    I haven't played BFV in a few months now because of no patch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by suppafly
    thats sounds fairly sh*te tbh. sure u could just download them yurself. r they not going to put some exclusive content on or something? maybe some stuff about BF2 or something?

I think its more intended for die hard fans and people who have never bought the game.

yeah i guess, people just wanting to get into the game stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

Excellent, I don't actually own a copy and I've only ever played about 10 hours of BF:1942.
    I shall try this going outside thing as the rewards seem to justify it.

Advertisement