Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cornette

• 18-05-2004 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Anyone see Cornettes interview on TWC, he still kicks @ss....nobody will ever surpass Cornette, Bobby The Brain or Paul E. as the best Managers...plus now its only women that are manager...I can't complain about Stacy Kiebler cus she looks pretty good leaned in against the apron but it would be nice to see Male Managers again..They are fun type of roles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

you see heenans? great interview as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

I've seen most of the interviews, most of them were pretty good, I found Jake The Snake's and The Road Warriors ones to be very entertaining, very old school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

The only ones I've seen are Brets,Jake The Snakes and Cornettes...Bret Harts was unreal...he's been put through so much sh!t, makes you feel kind of sorry for him, I plan to watch the repeat of Hennan's the guy was great, himself and Monsoon could take on King and J.R anyday..Heenan was much sharper and wittier than Lawler though I do like Lawler and J.R but I kind of felt more like Monsoon was the nice guy where as J.R is just acting it...even though I met J.R and he seemed sound enough. Yip I joined this thing for the sole purpose of bragging about going Wrestlemania XX..it cost alot so you can have that in your favour or more appropraite my demise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Heenans interview was steller.

He has so much to say that anyone ever thinking of getting into wrestling sould take heed of. Listening to Heenan and Jake Roberts interviews, or recording them, what ever, but if you ever want to get into any aspecty of the wrestling buisness, listen to what these guys have to say.

Brilliant :D

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i have to disagree with you about Jake the Snake.he claimed that jericho was the luckiest guy in wrestling and didnt deserve to be where he is today.obviously he didnt take his head out of ass long enough to watch jericho wrestle.
    Also his laughable claims that he was the best at executing the DDT....Tommy Dreamer might have something to say about that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

About Jake- I've always thought that Jake was the best person ever on the Mic, I dont know why but he always seemed to grab ya everytime he spoke, as Paul Heyman once said, and I do agree that is the man as far as it comes to the DDT, as good as some people are with it.

As far as Jericho goes, I'm a big Jericho Fan and dont agree with Jake in that sense but I've noticed that alot of the old school boys dont like Jericho, Jake The Snake and Piper being two of them, dunno why that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

to me jericho is a great wrestler and always has been.

Dreamer is the man when it comes to the DDT end of discussion

What your saying is totally true.

Old school wrestlers like Jake, seem to cling to the past and cant seem to let go, or accept change. What he is saying about Jericho is crap. But you dont need to know what Jake Roberts comments on Chris Jericho are to be a good wrestler :)

Thats all his personal thought, but if you listen to what he has to say about shouting out promos instead of getting your point across, it makes you think.

On the DDT subject, I can understand but "not" condone what he is saying. He invented the move, named it, and used it as one of those finishers that your not ment to get up from. Now ever match had a DDT of some sort, and seldomly its used to end a match. Tommy dreamers DDT is amazing, undisputed. Lots of ppl have great ddts, Jeff Hardy cud do a great one, the way he kicked his legs so high, no mater who he did it on (even Chuck Palumbo) it looked like they were conming down on their head.

Hanza

R.V.D can sell a D.D.T like nobody else...it looks brillant when he spikes onto the canvas. I'm a Jericholic myself...I think maybe Jake is a little bit bitter, though with the life he's had who could blame him. I gotta get me Beyond The Mat the directors cut. Jericho made Goldberg Pass out..at least according to Bret Hart on his site..but he may be a little bit bias considering he blames Goldberg for ending his career and Jericho is Canadian and all

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Cornette's interview was amazing. The guy is so enthusiastic about the business, it just grabs your attention. The quality of the shoot is great too. He's brilliant to watch as he only really dislikes one guy (Paul E), and just has the greatest stories.

The quality of the Road Warriors shoot(they kept talking over each other) took away from it slightly.
    Bret's was quality too (not as good as Corny's though)
    HBK just talked through his a$$ though!
    Jake was good, but seemed slightly bitter about the business.

• Advertisement

Al Snow's tonight was also good but seemed very Amateur...phones ringing, crappy camera angles...some guy's chair rattling. Plus those guys that laugh, sound like real dweebs. Its also too bad that the callers all seemed to ask the same questions that he had already answered. J.O.B. SQUAD = legends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Hanza
    Heenans interview was steller.

He has so much to say that anyone ever thinking of getting into wrestling sould take heed of. Listening to Heenan and Jake Roberts interviews, or recording them, what ever, but if you ever want to get into any aspecty of the wrestling buisness, listen to what these guys have to say.

Brilliant :D

Hanza

ah nuttz i missed heenans, hope its repeated, having said that i taped al snows one that was on last night, pretty good so far

shin

Al Snows interview last night was terrible. I didnt watch the end of it, I just so bored of hearing him moan about Vince McMahon. I watch ther shoot interviews to hear and learn about the buisness from the people experienceing it first hand. If you havent seen it, dont bother watching the repeats, it will be a waste of 2 hours of your life.

Hanza

You did learn about the business..Don't trust anyone, The Kliq were as dominant as everyone made out, Cornette handled Vinces dirty work, Pritchard is yes man and Balls Mahoney was called Agent Genatalia!...he never said who Agent 00 oops was..I seriously never knew he was that Martial Arts guy Shinobi I think his name was..That is pretty cool, he seems to be able to wrestle in alot of different styles. It was funny hearing about the J.O.B. squad too..holding all the power cus they were the ones that put over the big names...Barry Horrowitz could fight Taker..get a Tomstone Pile Driver get straight up dust himself off and walk out of the ring. The Only reason it was poor was because every question he got was what are you going to do next, what was it like wrestling for Vince McMahon, is he as bad as everyone says...then they were repeated by fans who seemed to be caught off guard by getting through...Also The Production really SUCKED

Advertisement