Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepare to go Mental

• 18-05-2004 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Dont be nervous comin up to this little exam. Be excited. Come that day, what ever it is for you (21 June for me) think about how good its going to feel. You'll be free. Also can you imagine the partying. Im going on a week long bender along with most people. Dont think i'll come home that week. Sure i will miss the great school of colaiste eanna and most of all the great freinds of made this year, but look to the future. And theres crete at the end of the summer with 38 people from skool which is going to be deadly. Dont be counting down the days till it starts count down the days till your new life begins

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I don't really even want to leave the school that much anymore, I've only really just started to settle in properly this year and now it's over in a week. I thought everybody was supposed to hate school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

I can't wait for school to be over properly. It's pretty much over already, haven't gone in properly since last Wendesday but I can't see myself missing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

sounds like andrew wk is a bit to cool for skool. skool is the best time of you life. think of all the great friends you make. dont tell me that skool isn't fun. you'd never be able to organise all the stuff you do at weekends if it wasn't for skool. think of all the parties you've been invited to when your at school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

All you poor teenagers think the leaving cert is tough? Wait until the real world hits you with a bang to the head. ;)

Best of luck everyone :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

Skool waz da bezt buzz eva coz ya jus wennin n goh yoked ourravit n locken n al dah all da teachers were qeeyers anyway ya no warriy mean!???????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by $lattman
    Skool waz da bezt buzz eva coz ya jus wennin n goh yoked ourravit n locken n al dah all da teachers were qeeyers anyway ya no warriy mean!???????

Someone spent lots of time in English class...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Itl be surreal when you leave school. We were let go a day early because no one was doing any work. Walking out to the gate for the last time was kinda eerie. Nobody said anything and it was strangely quiet.

Then someone put a padlock on the front gate so all the teachers cars were locked in ,among other things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Praetorian
    All you poor teenagers think the leaving cert is tough? Wait until the real world hits you with a bang to the head. ;)

Best of luck everyone :p
    yep, school is only there to whip you into a submissive form in preperation for the real world.

well we just got let off skool for the last time. there was a very eery silence. it was v. wierd. Spent the afternoon thinkin abot the good auld time in skool. Didn't even get a chance to plan an attack on the school!

School was, is and always will be the best buzz ever

At least I have the end of the leavin to look forward to and my free gaf afterwards. Its gona be deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

sounds like andrew wk is a bit to cool for skool. skool is the best time of you life.
    Only if you have a really sh!t rest of your life planned!
    I completely agree with andrew and won't miss school in the slightest! I think we're all mature enough to realise that I'm not saying that to be "cool" but because school genuinely is the most boring and horrible experience you'll ever be forced to go through. Roll on summer!
    School was, is and always will be the best buzz ever
    That's just sad...

• Advertisement

sounds like seifer goes to a crap school and is too hard. You sound like one of those people that you let other people run your life and have no opinion that you came up with urself. Anybody who goes to a good half decent school will realise that its one of the best 5/6 years of your life. Bare in mind my school, facilitys wise is crap. We dont do sport as a subject we dont have a sports hall or any of that lark.A lot of my friends go to different schools which they say are ****. Most people at my school 95% of them agree that Colaiste Eanna was a deadly school.

sounds like seifer goes to a crap school and is too hard.
    I'm not sure what "is too hard" refers to but I'll assume you meant I find school too academically challenging? Well if that's what you meant then I'm afraid you're incorrect, I'm quite an intelligent lad. Although I do absolutly loath the fact that you're forced to do certain subjects even if you can't stand them or don't need them for what you want to do.
    You sound like one of those people that you let other people run your life and have no opinion that you came up with urself.

:confused: This is just bizarre! If I had agreed with you then would I have been deemed to have formed my own opinion?

Originally posted by stuey
    sounds like seifer goes to a crap school and is too hard. You sound like one of those people that you let other people run your life and have no opinion that you came up with urself. Anybody who goes to a good half decent school will realise that its one of the best 5/6 years of your life. Bare in mind my school, facilitys wise is crap. We dont do sport as a subject we dont have a sports hall or any of that lark.A lot of my friends go to different schools which they say are ****. Most people at my school 95% of them agree that Colaiste Eanna was a deadly school.

Haha, classic post.

ah jaysus do you not know the meaning of hard in that context? as in "look at those hard lads" I didn't doubt your intellectual abilities one bit, but I do doubt your social skills now, cause you obviously don’t get out enough if you don’t know a bit of the lingo that goes about. Or else you go to a really posh skool that would look down on my non fee paying skool and only hangs out in really posh places and doesn’t go to places that are a bit crazy where everybody else hangs out and has a laugh

lol. :rolleyes:
    Remember when you're typing posts that something that might seem obvious to you might not be so clear to some one reading it.
    I'm not "hard" and I go to a public school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Only if you have a really sh!t rest of your life planned!
    I completely agree with andrew and won't miss school in the slightest! I think we're all mature enough to realise that I'm not saying that to be "cool" but because school genuinely is the most boring and horrible experience you'll ever be forced to go through. Roll on summer!

How do you know its gonna be the most boring and horrible experience youll ever go through? You havent experienced college yet, you havent worked (im talking 9 to 5 permanent here).

You might just find theres some points where you wish you were back in school. Like when you have 4 assignments due in so many days ,you havent bothered to start any of them cause theres no pressure on ya and its 20% of your grade down the swanny if you dont do them or when youve just f'ed up big time and your waiting for a "meeting" with the boss.

School has its advantages, dont shrug it off so lightly. I guarantee youll look back on some of the time you spent in school as good times.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

School is often remembered as "the best days of your life" for the simple reasons that:

a) you don't HAVE TO work during them

b) your life has organisation and security

c) you make a lot of your life-long friends there

d) you get three month holidays to do whatever the hell you want to.

I did enjoy my school years, not entirely, but I'm still fairly certain that I'll look back on them and remember them as a time free of financial burden and having to earn my living.

At last someone who agrees with me, that seifer is talking through his ( )( ). I wouldn't agree with the statement
    I'll look back on them and remember them as a time free of financial burden
    I live with the philosopy that I could die 2morrow and its not worth havin loads of money stored up for a rainy day. Sure I have money in the bank but i'd rather spend it than save it. I'll remeber school as the best laugh, where I made loads of great friends and went out every weekend and spent all me money buyin everyone drinks. College will be great tho. dont get me wrong

How do you know its gonna be the most boring and horrible experience youll ever go through?
    I said most boring and horrible experience you're FORCED to go through.
    You might just find theres some points where you wish you were back in school. Like when you have 4 assignments due in so many days ,you havent bothered to start any of them cause theres no pressure on ya and its 20% of your grade down the swanny if you dont do them
    I don't plan on taking that approach to college.
    School has its advantages, dont shrug it off so lightly. I guarantee youll look back on some of the time you spent in school as good times.
    Well obviously I have some fond memories but I'm not going to miss it or ever wish I was back there.
    you don't HAVE TO work during them
    You don't ever have to work. You can sponge of your parents and then the state. However anyone with any sort of drive will work in school because they know it leads to better oppurtunities and a more comfortable life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Though I was finished last year. Couldn't wait 'till the LC was over. Then comes the waiting for the results. One thing's for certain you'll always think you did worse than you actually did:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Originally posted by stuey
    sounds like andrew wk is a bit to cool for skool. skool is the best time of you life. think of all the great friends you make. dont tell me that skool isn't fun. you'd never be able to organise all the stuff you do at weekends if it wasn't for skool. think of all the parties you've been invited to when your at school

When you were bullied mercilessly by your classmates, had people refusing to sit beside you and hated every minute you spent in the place, school isn't so fun.
    Don't assume all people who don't/didn't like school think they're above it.
    The day I walked out of those gates for the last time was one of the best days of my life. When I see pictures of the place now all those bad memories come flooding back to me...I'd never go back.

Yeah because for school to be shit you had to be bullied.

Sorry neev if I opened some bad memories but I know where you've been. I was really badly bullied back in the last few years of primary school. The school I go to is just not a bullying skool. In 6 years there has been 5 major fights, even though my school has a fierce reputation as a "knacker skool" = false. Try livin by my philosophy on life I have 3 rules

1. Choose your attitude. Don’t let the situation your in choose your attitude.
    2. Play
    3. Make there day

Those 3 rules made the last 3 years of secondary skool/life really great. I haven’t really had a bad day in the last 3 years. Those rules really do, and I mean this, keep you buzzin all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

For the last week or 2 school has been optional so I havent just been let go so its kinda easing me out. For the last year I have gained a LOT of respect for school and now that all the courses are finished and the work is revision I wouldnt mind being in school for another month or 2 as Im having fun.

When I think back on times Iv had some good and some v.bad(although not as many)

I can already realise that scholl has been a great time in my life but I cant wait for college and the summer :D

Graduation night thisThursday. Cant wait. Everybody will be buzzin havin a laugh and just be up for a good night out. we will all drink wine (cause there's no beer) back in the school and will talk to the teachers while drunk. it will be deadly. Then the plan is to go to Zanzibar and get absolutely buckled and have a great laugh with everybody. Can’t wait

We had our grad night last night and it was f00king brilliant! After the drawn out mass + presentations we went to baker's corner for a few pints; teachers came as well. Then we got the last bus into town and headed for the Q bar. Unfortunately the bouncers had their uv lights out so only about half of us got in; the rest headed over to zansibar. Loreto Dalkey had their grad night on as well so they were all in there aswell. After the Q bar closed we headed to some wine bar on leason street but that was pretty sh!t. Then we went to the leisureplex in stillorgan; drunken air hockey kicks ass! Walked home from there and got in at about 5.:D

Had our grad night last night. It was amazing. I got so pissed its unbelievable. I was buying everybody drinks all night long. I had 155 euro in the bank yesterday evening now I have 8!!!!. It was the best nite I've had out in ages. When we came home @5:30 the sun was up it was freaky. Defo a nite to remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Went out for the local Girl's college last night. Mad night altogether. Should have worn my ''punani patrol'' t-shirt.

Got in everywhere without being asked for ID (though I have a modded licence). Walked into the main nightclub, past the strictest bastard of a bouncer in town. He goes ''ID the.., oh, go on away there boss''. I think i'm making a name for myself :cool:.

Got a dirty ass fag burn on my chin too :/.

oh holy jaysus Im never ever goin near gin again. im in bits. still great night. And for all of you who know me there is no way im going to given up the JD and cokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

on my LC results night i drank 6 cans of BUD, two of SMithwicks, and a nagon of bacardi.

was well worth the alcohol poisening and the terible holiday that ensued.

Advertisement