Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ear hole extensions

• 18-05-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

really?.....why do people get them done?...

they look cool..but i wouldnt do it..ive seena few guys and their ears are like swinging around with these huge extensions in their ear lobe?...

is it some tribal thing?.....i love piercings but id never do it....is it just an extreme
    measure of piercing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

They're called "flesh tunnels". Lovely name, ain't it?

Basically it's just a piercing which is stretched over time. Start of with a bar or what not and then gradually work ur way up..

Not my cup of Typhoo either to be honest but each to their own i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

Style, comfort, kudos, tradition and in my case, curiousity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Teddi

.......... ............. ... ..........

Teddi banned for a week. I've warned you twice about peppering your posts with '.....', it's very irritating.
    Do you see that really long key at the bottom of your keyboard? It's called a space key, use it.

PM me in a week if you want unbanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

do ya not think its a bit harsh etho?
    it may annoy you alot, but its just the way he types. hardly a reason for banning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

God if you ban someone for doing that...

Then theres a guy on the BF forum I could shoot out of a cannon into the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

harsh ban
    im surprised eth0

Originally posted by cheesedude
    You ban him for that? Wow you're a bitch!

Comments like that will get you banned too. I've warned him twice, he didn't heed me, therefore he gets banned. It's only for a week, it's hardly the end of the world.

If this thread gets dragged off topic any further it'll be closed. Back to the topic in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Well, the guy who asked the original question is banned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

dose it hurt to get the wee tunnel thing in???

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Well, the guy who asked the original question is banned...

No, he's been unbanned on the advice of DeVore.

Now can we PLEASE get back on the topic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

No, it doesn't hurt. You get your normal ear peircing, starting at ~1.6mm. Every two or so weeks, buy a slightly larger ring/bar and push it through - no pain.

It takes a while, but eventually you get wider and wider. I got mine up to ~12mm. Bitchin mark/hole left behind.

Hmm, why did I get it done?...

Why DID I get it done!.

Originally posted by Barbie_666
    dose it hurt to get the wee tunnel thing in???

No, you usually start with a regular sized ear piercing and then stretch it by using bigger and bigger jewellery. Or you can get a dermal punch which does hurt more than a needle piercing, and makes a cleaner hole but I don't think it'll ever shrink back down to a small size without sewing the hole up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Originally posted by eth0_
    No, you usually start with a regular sized ear piercing and then stretch it by using bigger and bigger jewellery. Or you can get a dermal punch which does hurt more than a needle piercing, and makes a cleaner hole but I don't think it'll ever shrink back down to a small size without sewing the hole up

Or you can do what rob did for me in snakebite, which was pierce at 3.2 and then immediatly stretch to a 6mil. Didnt hurt too much, kinda a wierd burning sensation but not too unpleasant. Healed uber fast though which I was impressed with.

Only a small part of my stretch has healed up, so there's still an indentation in my lobe.

It's been out almost two years, and hasn't noticable changed in almost that.

What can I get done to close it up completely, with the intention of having a proper ear lobe again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

Originally posted by conZ
    Only a small part of my stretch has healed up, so there's still an indentation in my lobe.

It's been out almost two years, and hasn't noticable changed in almost that.

What can I get done to close it up completely, with the intention of having a proper ear lobe again?

Ive heard ways of fixing it, but none of them have come first hand from a professional piercer so this mightnt be right, but I have heard one solution to this is to get a piercer to use a scalpel to cut open the inside of the stretched lobe and then use something to hold it together (I didnt catch all the details) to let it heal together. How big did you stretch your lobes to anyway?

About 12mm.

I didn't bring the stretch down slowly either, I was on holidays and the cousins dog ate my home-made ear-piece (those clay ones you can make yourself) so I just left it out from then on.

Hmm, think I might talk to the local piercer about it, though, it'd probably be better to talk to a doctor.

Originally posted by conZ

Go speak to a reconstructive plastic surgeon, they can re-open the wound and stitch it back together again. It shouldn't cost very much either, it'd take less than half an hour.

It's not something i'd feel comfortable having a piercer do, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

12mm wont close up easily, it needs help. i think its anything above 5 or six and it needs some sort of assistance to get back to a normal looking lobe, though there will be some form of scar.

Reconstructive surgery is the best option really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

mine was at 12, it shrunk down to 5 in 2 weeks. with no jewellery in it leaves a hole like an auld one would have from heavy jewellery all her life. as far as i know surgery is the only way to fix it totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Libertine

Hey what's up?

........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ........................................... ...........................................

• Advertisement
Advertisement