Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Satire

Options
  • 18-05-2004 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

If anyone here is interested in political / satirical humour they should definitely see <removed by moderator> Its a new 'private eye' type satirical magazine but in internet form. At its best it is rather hilarious! See the preview at the top of the page (<removed by moderator>) and after reading the first article you will be hooked.

How they describe themselves:
    "<removed by moderator> started out as nothing but a pipe dream of two prodigously talented students who wanted to spread the gospel of political humour, but has since grown into a nationwide phenomenon that has captured the hearts and minds of literally tens of people across the country."

What Ian hislop of "private eye" has said: 'Thanks for <removed by moderator> - imitation being the sincerest form of flattery - we're flattered. All the best'

Sorry about the plug but as their marketing director I feel I should perhaps do some marketing ;-) (only on the forums that I a member of – I wont mention this again)

<edited by bonkey>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by LDurkins

Sorry about the plug but as their marketing director I feel I should perhaps do some marketing ;-) (only on the forums that I a member of – I wont mention this again)

You're taking the p*ss.

"Only on the forums that I am a member of"? Don't you mean the forums that you're just after joining?

Best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by LDurkins

You know...I was going to let this slide with a warning, but then I looked over and I thought to myself...

here's someone with a postcount of *2*, both of which are messages pimping this new product, claiming to have limited themselves to forums they are a "member" of.

Exactly how are you a member of a forum when you don't have a single post in any of them other than the ones pimping your product???

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LDurkins

Can I just say that I am making no money out of this "product" as you call it. I just thought that people who are interested in politics may also be interested in this. I was joking when I said I was the "marketing director". It is not a "product" - writing this newspaper is just a hobby of mine and I thought that some people here might appreciate it.

I had no idea the whole thing would be taken so seriously especially as I said I would not mention it again. I even thought perhaps people might read and appreciate my writing. The only people who read my stuff are friends and family, most of whom are not interested in politics and dont "get it". I just thought that some people here may just appreciate it more or even enjoy it.

Obviously I was very much mistaken

BTW, the reason I said "forums that I am a member of" is because, although I have only just joined, I was planning on posting more here. A friend (tom parker, I dont know if anyone knows him?) recomended this forum to me as somewhere where people might appreciate my humour.

Im sorry if I offended anyone

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If this is a profit making thing (as we did think it was) then we'd be jumping up and down on your head!

Since its not then I'm not going to get all kfffffffff! about it. If its genuinely what you say and is your own fanzine for political satire then I'd be happy to offer you a forum here all for your mag and people who like it.

Best to stay away from the announcements on your first post though ... makes the natives hackles rise alarmingly :):)

DeV.

Advertisement