Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless in Co.Meath

• 19-05-2004 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi:
    I live in the Ashbourne/Ratoath area and want Broadband.have given up on the tosspots from Eircom.Ice Communications are offering wireless broadband in my area.My question are
    1.Has anybody dealt with them,installation support etc.
    2.They claim a contention ratio of 20:1 is this good?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

MeathWAN could be an option for you map

link1
    link2
    link3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by Gozer
    Hi:
    I live in the Ashbourne/Ratoath area and want Broadband.have given up on the tosspots from Eircom.Ice Communications are offering wireless broadband in my area.My question are
    1.Has anybody dealt with them,installation support etc.
    2.They claim a contention ratio of 20:1 is this good?
    Thanks.

I was looking into getting them aswell, i'm in ashbourne. My boss who also live in ash has it, afaik installation was quick only a few days after he ordered it. Although i think the hole in the wall they made to bring the cable in is a little too big..

He did have a small problem where the box they install in your house kept tripping his tripswitch, but he got that sorted..
    He's happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gozer

Thanks guys for replying to my questions.
    I think I will give them a call.
    Pity it's a bit pricey @ 59 euro per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

yeah, tho you can buy the radio equipment from them about 450euro or something ( about the same as 2 years rental of the equipemnt) and then pay 39 a month instead...

but otherwise 59 for an uncapped service is decent (compared with price for capped service from the likes of eircom or iol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

have you checked out digiweb?,
    they're offering wireless broadband for 39 a month and 89 installation,
    i'm a customer a the moment based in navan and i've no problems. checkout their webpage
    www.digiweb.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement