Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2003 Server and XP pro

Options
  • 19-05-2004 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

Right here's the backround. One computer running Server 2003 and five clients running Xp Professional. The server is configured as a domain controller and the XP clients have been joined to the domain without a problem. Three of the the client computers can logon to the domain without a problem on the other two come up the the message The system can not log you on now because the domain (name) is not available. however if I put them into a workgroup instead of a domain they can both see the entire network. In addition all machines have problems with changing the users password from the CNTL - ALT - DEL menu even on those logged onto the domain if a user tries to change their password after about 2 minutes the message The system cannot change your password now because the domain (name) is not available. . I have been trying to solve this for a few days now and it's doing my head in. I found some similar problems on the net but nothing of any real help. Any of you guys ever seen this?

P.S. If I disable a user account on the server they cannot log on as should be so it is partly working as it should.

Thanks
    Red

Comments

Advertisement