Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing virgin, should I go for it?

Options
  • 19-05-2004 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey well Im thinking of celebrating my LC with a piercing or two so I was thinking lip or eyebrow( or both really )

Now firstly Im a guy! Eh into metal and gothic but dont really dress like it, Baggy dark blue jeans, Black t-shirts, black skull top, leather bomber jacket thats my usual get up.

Secondly which one looks better in your opinion? I was going to get my eyebrow done last year but never got around to it and now im not to sure if it would look good any more.

The lip I was thinking about was getting it on the side of my lip not the centre(unless I went for the spike thing, which I might again opinions are needed!! )

And finally if I went for the both should I get one on one side of my face and one onte other or keep them both on the same side??

Thanks for the help in advance, I need somethin jabbed into my fave to relieve all this pressure!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i know what you mean man,
    id suggest goin for tonuge or nipple piercing to be honest,
    if you go for a job they have a tendency to frown upon piercings you can see which sucks imo and plus the tongue piercing doesnt hurt at all and i think its one of the best places to get pierced(ive a few meself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

Oh I dunno about that :eek:

I realise what your saying about the jobs tho but im not working this summer so I could take them out if I dont like them or if I feel they will impeed(sp) my chances of a job. And I got 4 years of college to go before I go looking for a real job so they may stay for some time. I mean I a decent guy so if they dont want me because Iv got a piece of steel in my face (although I can see their point of view) then Im sure I can find a better place!

But ye nipples I definitley wouldnt do cause No-one would see it firstly (except gf and friends) so thats kinda a down side. And the tounge I wouldnt do cause I dunno how it looks on guys , I dont think I would be a big fan of it on me, especially for it to be my first piercing ;)

Thanks for the reply tho ill consider the suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

my tongue was the first thing i got pierced,its the kind of piercing that you can hide from people if you dont want them to know you have it which is pretty handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

It's up to you, really. Which one would you like?

In my opinion, the lip piercing would suit the metal/gothic thing better than an eyebrow piercing, but what do I know? :D

Do whichever one you feel would suit you better, but don't rush into getting it done just for the sake of getting something pierced. Piercings on your face can leave scars, so don't end up scarring yourself if you're not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

I'll have to agree with Darth Vader. Just finishing the LC, you'll probably want to get a full time job this summer or next year, and the last thing you want to do is have to take your piercings in and out everyday at work. go for the tongue, granted it's not visible, but it's actually worth it. If you have the taste for piercings then (w00t) you can always get your eyebrow/lip done...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

Hum ok well as I said Im not really thinking of getting a job this summer so that wouldnt be a problem, but the scars is an interesting point. Well I either get it done within the week b4 my LC which I doubt I will do incase it gets screwed and distracts me or after but im goin away a week after my last test so I wouldnt be able to go swimming so ill prolly get it done after my holidays which is a good 5 weeks so ill check out some pics and ask mates.

Ye I think the lip one is the one I would go for If I was getting one but I dunno wether to go for the spike in the middle, ring in the middle or ring on one of the sides.

Sorry but I just dont think the tounge is the one for me!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you are going for a spike - jst be prepared for people coming up to you goin "eh does that hurt" etc..it happens to me alot in the pub - prob some poor guys attempt at striking up conversation.... ..
    oh and when ur asked "what happens when you kiss someone with that" - I have 2 answers - if its sum1 i like - "theres only 1 way to find out"heeeheee if its sum1 i dont like - "keep wondering cos you'll never find out"...anyhoo i have my eyebrow and my tongue pierced too - the eyebrow one took ages to heal for moi the tonge and the lip were no problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Don't get your eyebrow done. I had to take mine out after bout 3 months cos it was starting to grow outwards. I'm now left with a scar.

I reckon you should go for a tongue peircing. I'm actaully dying to do it myself, but I've just started working with a Pharmecutical (spelling?) amd they frown on peircings big time. But as its in my mouth and out of view, while I'm here, what would peoples idea be about going ahead and doing it?

I really wanna do it, but I've just started a new job and will soon have a car to finance so really don't wanna loss my job.

Finally. I know I asked before but how long does it take to heal? Would it be healed in a week? And what can I eat and not eat with a stud in my tongue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

memphis, it took my tongue 4 days to get to a state of normality (i.e. I didnt noticeably have a swollen tongue/able to eat proper solids) I lived on bananas, oranges, and weetabix for the week.

I'd say it's all dependent on how quick a healer you are. Some people say that it didnt bother them. I reckon give it at least 10 days for acceptable levels, and a month for the adjustment period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

I would also have to say a tounge piercing would be best!

It one of the quickest to heal and doesn't have to be on display 24/7. Just make sure that the piercer checks your tounge first. Some people have veins running directly under the middle of the tounge and cannot get it pierced.
    A friend of mine will testify to that.....a bad bad story!

Also the ladies really do appreciate a good tounge piercing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Fungtank

Also the ladies really do appreciate a good tounge piercing ;)

No they don't, not unless it's a large gauge - same goes for men too. 12g is nathin' :OP

Advertisement