Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Clarke @ Redbox

• 19-05-2004 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Any one goin?? id feckin love to but last wknd of month is always a bad time....Marco Carola in TBMC in a few wks shud be a great nite...lookin for a decent nite in Galway this wknd....any1 got any info on that Outrageous thing in Black Box....wud it worth gettin messy+headin in for a look??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

har! a mate of mine got decked by one of the "regulars" there a couple of years ago:D
    (only really funny if you know the guy)

heard it's a good laugh if you go along with a chick...

****, am i thinking of something different?
    is that the night that scot project is playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

nah man, tis good auld johnny moy in black box, (marco v and matt hardwick comin up there in a few wks)...i reckon ill get fcuked up+head in for a laugh sat nite...check this out www.cluboutstageous.com
    headin in with a bird alrite...looks like madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

hmmm dave clarke fair enough, but johnny moy has bored me to tears every time ive seen him... and the red box is pretty much a no go area for theover twenties these days... i was appalled at the people i saw in there at the jeff mills gig a while back.. i am certain mills played tunes that were older than some of the kids in there that night. [in fact, since strings of life is from 86 i might even be right :eek: ]

i wish there were somewhere i could go to hear decent techno without feeling like im drunkenly stumbling through a school playground...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'll be at clarke,
    here tyranny, I am gona try an hunt you down if your at clarke!"
    heard you were at creation an all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

clarke... i'm there!! got me tickets today!!

yer man in ticketbasterd said there wasn't many left...

b*astards charged my 28 yo-yos for each ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

That club outSTAGEous thing in the black box is not what your expecting, its more of a show than a club. the music stop's for about 30min during the night so you can see the stage show, which varies from a christmas tree giving birth to jesus on stage to 2 housewives cutting up some bloke and eating his intestines, i kid you not. Defo not a night for the shrooms, the music can be fairly good but its just missing something. a good nite but not a great one.

This is not to be confused with Club Outrageous, which is more of a club than poncy show.

Tman:
    Le Metro which does the scot project type nites is again a whole different type of night, full of knackers from galway and loads of rednecks from mayo. Im not surprised your mate got a slap, the fights there are crazy. Just not worth it.

Did anyone go to Ewan Pearson in the GPO last saturday? Crowd was a bit **** but he played some great tunes.

Sean

there wasnt too many knackers at the tall paul gig in d'raddisson, every1 was just so young...its almost depressin, ud be there thinkin like what the fcuk am i doin here in the middle of all these kids and farmers...surely the crowd will be old enough at the TBMC for marco carola...i suppose the thing is that if they didnt let the kids in thered be no1 there...there isnt enough people that think like tyranny to fill the place...tis a shame...was gonna give the shrooms a go that nite! think i still will...been a while

Let us know how you get on at the blackbox, i cant afford to go out, im crippled for money from buying decks.

Sean

heheheh dont worry lenny, you'll see me when you least expect to! yeah i was at creation savage night pity there was no drum and bass but you cant have it all... you should have seen the state of helix though... the last time i saw anyone that messed up at a creation gig was years ago when a mate of mine took 6 acids and a bottle of poitin before we'd even got to where the sound system was at.... next time i saw him he was walking out of the sea wearing one shoe covered in indelible ink like some parody of the creature of the black lagoon... compared to that helix was well within tolerable limits!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I saw him
    I was wit helix at the start of the night
    then saw bits of him later on,
    and then in the morning kinda right after the music I was talking to him briefly.
    ill get him to point me out to you tomorrow.

• Advertisement

well i hope he has really long fingers and you have gerat eyes cos im going to the music centre for ghettoblaster 2 - a lineup to make a grown man weep; pascal [true playaz, frontline] chill [step-dnb, belfast] conky [ghettoblaster] ricky force [radio na life] and the criminal mc on mic duties, with flip [itf baggy pants champion] splyce rob-d lee and rob c on hip hoppery scratchy noises in the back room... all for half the price of a dave clarke ticket, music im actually into and a slightly more mature crowd than i dare say ravey davey will fetch :thumbsup:

im very definitely considering going to gaetano parisiano at the belvedere whenever thats on though, so dont worry our paths will cross soon enough!

helix actualy ain't goin to clarke now!
    yea, 28euro's no way would i pay that for a ticket.
    I wouldn't be goin only for i got guestlist
    you goig to zabielia tomorrow?

zabiela? he's the really boring prog house geezer isnt he? nah rohan is just back from his usa tour and himself and beta 2 are playing down bassbin and apparently he's got an armload of new equinox dubs so i gotta go check that out...

wheres zabiela playing?

I think its prog yea
    I have this vid of him scratchin on and usin the efx 500.
    amazing.
    he is playing in melocida in soho's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

he plays real techy prog...fantastic dj,goin 2 c him ovr clarke neway:D

Might go to claude young tonight myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i thought clarke kicked some serious arse, anyone else make an appearence?

well i ended up in blackbox fri+sat. Le metro on fri was Scott Project...nothin outa the ordinary here...a good laugh. we were just takin the piss, jumpin around, gone nuts. had a good laugh...

sat @ outstageous was a different kettle-o-fish...

1st dj dont know his name...thought he was brutal...cudnt mix for sh1t, droppin beatz all over the place...messy...then showin blatant disregard for us - music selection was a disaster...played rez-cowgirl very early on and the place was hoppin, then just dropped us from a height back to some boring sh1t...dont know what he thought he was at...anyway Johnny Moy wasnt too bad...little bit slow maybe... There was somethin missin, cudnt put me finger on it...it certainly wasnt naked birds on poles and in cages tho, lots of that sh1t...place was messin wit me head..serious costumes goin on and then this completely naked fella walked in front of me...never good...well we spent about an hour dancin on the roofs of car outside afterwards, that was a laugh. the lesbians in the cage were the highlight tho....
    well when the music stopped and then this woman on stage started singin toxic (britany spears) no1 knew what to do/think/say...i mean what can u say?
    was any1 else there?

Wish I was @ Clarke

my flatmate and a few friends went to outstageous.
    wish i'd stayed in Galway for the weekend, that lesbian show sounded well sweet:)

Has anyone heard that fergie and Phil Kieran are playing the radisson on the 18th june? also on the same flyer it says Dave clarke coming is coming soon, They must be pumping some amount of money into the place. The night is called "Confusion"

Anyone been to any of the nights there? I still have bad memorys of it being like a bigger C.P's?

froggie_1: I told you shrooms wouldnt go down too well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Lenny did you notice Clarke was playing with a big delay on the white labels?
    Anything he did on the mixer took about 2 seconds before you heard it.

Very good night...actually it was a legendary weekend!

rabbit, i was at the last confusion gig in the raddison and overall, it was ok, without bein great...crowd was very monged, and young , plenty of locked people too and farmers from Mayo, with their check shirts and wranglers jumpin around, twas only tall paul...so nothin special there. Lots of savage birds there though, talkin to a good few, a good lot of sound lads also....great party (in Moycullen) after!!!
    the venue is good, but it was destroyed with broken glass, cos they were givin out pint glasses and bottles, instead of havin a few thousand plastic glasses there. loadsa people got cut on the stairs/dancefloor. Id imagine Fergie would be somethin similar but clarke in galway would be fantastic...sure no doubt ill be at the two of em....any dates for Clarke yet??

what im really lookin forward to though is Ian Pooley in Tribe the nite before Bob Dylan. 26-6-04

Surely to god, there will be a nice up for it crowd and none os the BS, that im so sick of.....I fcukin love Ian pooley though:)

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Lenny did you notice Clarke was playing with a big delay on the white labels?
    Anything he did on the mixer took about 2 seconds before you heard it.

Very good night...actually it was a legendary weekend!

Doubt he had the delay effect on for 2secs, it would have really had no chance or he wouldn't have been able to rectify any mistakes if he did anything,
    I think you prob thought it was slower because I think the dj booth moniter(which you would hear because you were up ther) is a bit quicker than the main speakers on the floor

or maybe he's started miming along to DATs:p

Clarke is coming to Galway?
    definitely gonna be there for that:)

From daveclarke.com

Schedule for Dave Clarke

JULY 2004
    Thur 1st: Electric City @ Metro, Dublin
    Fri 2nd: Street Life @ Radisson SAS, Galway

yeah baby:D

i shall be there with bells on.
    should be able to get a fairly big crew up for that:)

that streetlife thing started off down in Limerick when i used to be down there, in what used2b Docs and then Dolans Warehouse, they had dave before, Justin Robertson a couple-o-times, Andy Cato from Groove Armada, Phil Hartnol and Richard Fearless. tis a good nite, and well run. ill be gettin me tix for that as soon as they come out....sure will b a savage nite

Originally posted by Lenny
    Doubt he had the delay effect on for 2secs, it would have really had no chance or he wouldn't have been able to rectify any mistakes if he did anything,
    I think you prob thought it was slower because I think the dj booth moniter(which you would hear because you were up ther) is a bit quicker than the main speakers on the floor

Maybe that was it. Man i was nearly crying...i was so fukn mad i didnt have my P800.

haha, what happened to it again?
    where yea off to tonight cause of the end of exams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redmondar

anybody no where to get a tracklisting from dave clarke at redbox last week AND from his set last year? wanna buy all the tunes!

You al redmondand(sp) yea?
    Getting a tracklisting from last year in may '03 in redbox should be easy enough if you have a few dutch techno fans!.
    about last week... well john power is gown, so is 6 2 6 so never mind getting the tracklist, lets work on getting the set first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redmondar

no not al.

just wanna get names of the tunes and try buy them if i can, some animal tunes from the set in 03, best set iv heard fora wile. last weeks set was savage aswell.
    got the 03 set off 626, but now if thats over were not gona get anymore! got a half hour clip of liebing at tbmc and nasty at winterparty from 626 aswell! where we gona get da sets now! clarkes playin dub again in july, but is it gonna be electro stuff allnite? not too keen on that funky xxxx. two hours of it would reck me mallet! need da heavy stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Dave Clarke at Electric City in the Metropolitan. Boy is that gonna be a squeeze.....

Originally posted by Son of Blam
    Dave Clarke at Electric City in the Metropolitan. Boy is that gonna be a squeeze.....

I know yea,
    wonder how much the tics are gona be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Tickets for Dave Clarke at The Metropolitan will be 12 Euro. Massive respect to the Electric City guys, they're bringing Francois K over also, and Vitalic is playing live there tomorrow night. In fact, here's their June and July lineup:

June 3rd - e12 // Tickets available from Selectah Records, Temple Bar.
    Vitalic - Live [Gigolo - France]
    Americhord - Live [D1]
    Stephen Rennicks [Memory Cells]
    Giles Armstrong [electricity]

10th - e6 / e5 with flyer
    Luke Logan [TechnoLogic]
    Richard Brophy [Powerfm.org]
    Paul Chillage [Xfm]

17th - e6 / e5 with flyer
    Sunil Sharpe [Spindizzy]
    John Kavanagh [Faux Nation]
    skkatter [M.A.T]

24th - e15 // Tickets available from Selectah Records, Temple Bar.
    Francois K - Extended Decks & Effects Set [Wave Music / Deep Space - NYC]

July 1st - e12
    Dave Clarke [Skint - UK]
    Alan O'Boyle [Rotters Golf Club]
    Simon Conway [electricity]

8th - e8 / e7 with flyer
    Louis Osbourne [House Of God - UK]
    Rob Rowland - Live [Freestate]

15th - e6 / e5 with flyer
    Joe McGrath [Techno.ie]
    Pat O'Callaghan
    Simon Conway [electricity]

22nd - e12 / e10 with ticket
    Ben Sims [Theory - UK]
    Aidan O'Doherty [Gunner]

29th - e6 / e5 with flyer
    Jamie Behan [Bastardo Electrico - Cork]
    thatboytim [Takeover Records - Belfast]

These guys have already won the "club night of the year 2004" in my book of prizes and things. :)

• Advertisement

Yea saw the prices and lineup there on another forum,
    they've done brillant this year in getting people over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

22nd - e12 / e10 with ticket
    Ben Sims [Theory - UK]
    Aidan O'Doherty [Gunner]

Wuhoooo, I shall be at this certainly, dont think sims has been here in over 2 years, should be a corker... and Decal playing before Clarke, happy days:D

Originally posted by Lenny
    haha, what happened to it again?
    where yea off to tonight cause of the end of exams?

I lost the damn thing but slowly getting the cash together for a P900.
    We all went to the vault first but it was taking like 40minutes to get served so we all ended up going to palace and i dont remember too much. Good night...we were all pretty much buckled.

Advertisement