Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dell 2300 broadband router question

• 19-05-2004 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Being new to wireless networks I have a query:
    I have sucessfully wirelessly routed our broadband around the house using a Dell TrueMobile 2300 wireless boradband router which is connected to a dsl modem.
    It works brilliantly but I was wondering if there any way with the existing hardware that I can set up a wireless network (ie>> share files, printers etc) and still have wireless broadband?
    I can set the router to Access point mode and have a network but it doesn't share the broadband so I have to keep switching.

Any ideas of what I need to do / what hardware I need?

The workstations using the wireless broadband are using LinkSys wireless receivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eoghanjordan

Had a thought,
    If I set the router to Access Point mode, could I share the internet connection on the wireless networK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This should work fine if the router is any way decent (never knew dell made/rebranded routers). The vast majority of broadband routers will support network address translation (NAT) and this is what you need to share your internet connection around the house. You should still be able to share files/printers/play games - basically do anything you would normally do on a wired LAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

i too have a truemobile 2300.

Works perfect, i have a laptop and a desktop both configured to share files and printer.

Both machines are running XP Professional

One thing i do notice is that my cordless phone (and my neighbours) interferes with the wireless signal.

The desktop is wired to the truemobile and the laptop has a wireless card.

I cannot remember how i set it up, but one thing i do is that you must turn of windows firewall.

All the info i required i found here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I assume the router has its own firewall anyway.

Advertisement