Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free

Options
  • 19-05-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts??

Bought it the other day and after listening to it, I reckon it's top stuff.
    I bought it on the back of the first single "Fit But You Know It" - Excellent track.
    But after listening to the album, "Could Well Be In" , "Dry Your Eyes" (apparently the next single) and "Empty Cans" are also stand out tracks, "Dry Your Eyes" being my favourite out of the 3.
    The album follows a story throughout so the weaker songs fit into the general run of things quite well.
    So all in all an album I'd recommend.

Btw, anybody going to the gig?

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

yes it's quite good. It's nice to hear about the everyday things that annoy him too...flat mobile batteries, returning dvds etc. Maybe not as catchy as the first album but definitely a lot of thought has gone into it..

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

is v gud stuff. bit less beaty than the last album but still pretty catchy none the less. dublin castle should be a gud gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Quality album alright, never listened to the first album though.

Empty cans, It was supposed to be so easy, and many more quality songs. Pity they aren't playing Witnness, again.

Genius lyricist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

Been hearing Dry your eyes on the radio a bit of late. It's terrific !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Album of the year so far, IMHO.

Has anyone heard to B-side to "Fit But You Know It"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Obviously it appeals to a certain type of person. "Fit but you know it" is probably the wost song since "My Lovely Horse", except that My Lovely Horse is comic genius.

"For God's sake, it's just same note, over and over!"

No, seriously, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by seamus
    Obviously it appeals to a certain type of person.

What's that supposed to mean?
    "For God's sake, it's just same note, over and over!"

It's not the same "note" it's the same "chord" and in case you didn't realise that happens an awful lot in music!!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    What's that supposed to mean?
    Nothing bad, don't worry.
    It's not the same "note" it's the same "chord" and in case you didn't realise that happens an awful lot in music!!
    Note/chord. Semantics. If anyone stood up on a stage and just hit the same chord over and over for 3 minutes, they'd be laughed at. Never mind poor singing and hardman accents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it works for that song though, it's never going to be a favourite of mine but it's still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

both albums are a collection of very good, catchy songs and a handful of weak ones. together it just about works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement