Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of Commons suspended - purple powder thrown

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

very interesting, and it would be so easy for that to have been anthrax or something similar.

If it was, and by the looks of the few pictures I've seen of the incident, alot of people could have been infected.

I imagine this was an anti-war protester or something similar
    </edit>, reports say fathers 4 Justice are responsible

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

They were making the point on the BBC news that once all the MP's cleared out they all split and moved outside etc etc. When in reality, they should have stayed in one location. After all, how were they to know it wasn't some chemical or poison

I wonder will this prompt other governments to look at their security especially in the govt chambers.

Never been to Dail Eireann, wonder what it's like there

Hey, did ya notice I posted 2 sources of info for the story.

Vinnyfitz will be proud of me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

They were making the point on the BBC news that once all the MP's cleared out they all split and moved outside etc etc. When in reality, they should have stayed in one location. After all, how were they to know it wasn't some chemical or poison

yeah, I saw a politician make this point, and it is very valid, perhaps they should bring in some kind of emergency plan for such an event as well as review the general security.
    Hey, did ya notice I posted 2 sources of info for the story.

:D
    Good work.... WHAT A SCOOP!!

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I remember visiting the House of Commons [public gallery]with a few friends in the early seventies. I was genuinely surprised at just how small cramped and uncomfortable it looked.

I was also surprised that no one gave us so much as a second look.

Advertisement