Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDS recommendations

Options
  • 19-05-2004 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Well all,

I'm looking to put in some IDS here in a small office installation, couple of servers(web server, file servers and a few linux dev boxes).

ISS of course are the usual crowd I know, any other recomendations or comments?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Snort is on my list as well. Anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Astaro IDS

Also blackICE Server Protection is good.

Thanks JoePC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by joePC
    Also blackICE Server Protection is good

Maybe it is, but the version for normal PCs is exploitable, and bug-ridden. I'd be wary of any other software by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Black ICE is from our friends in ISS, and the client version is a total sham.

The server version is what I have used in the past and seems to be of a higher caliber. Plus the reporting the enterprise features fit in well.

Snort should be interesting I think here before I start spending some money, how is on a Win32 env?

Advertisement