Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a company

Options
  • 19-05-2004 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Lo,

I in the process of developing a site which will hopefully make me some money. If successful it is something that could be replicated under a different guise again and again.

So, I need to create some kind of legal company so that people will actually deal with me, instead of CASH IN HAND. I've been told that I would make do with being a Sole Trader.

What is involved in becoming registered ? Forms/Cost/Legals etc. I spotted on cro.ie that you can do it online, but I dont want to submit any info yet in case I fupp everything up.

Thanks

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Probably the best thing to do is to set up as a Ltd. company. I've heard that it costs about €400. However, being totally out of my depth filling in legal forms etc. I just did it through an accountant. Phone around. Most will do it for free providing you sign up with them for a year or so. Pay them €150ish a month & they'll take care of all your books, annual audits etc.

If you can do it on your own then more power to you, but it might be best left to the experts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Don't assume that because you are starting a business, you need to register a company. Being a company director places pretty serious responsibilities on you. If you stop filing the statuatory company reports a couple of years down the line, you will find yourself facing a pile of late fees from the CRO. If things get really bad, you could find yourself banned as a director in future.

See Tommy McGibney's Guide to deciding how to structure your new venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

That is excellent stuff there RainyDay, thanks !

Advertisement