Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd IBB 3-rock behaviour

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

mine has been from very average to poor over the last few days-i will try to email them 2moro from work if i get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The problems I have been experiencing are really starting to grate. The equipment I have was bought in America by a friend who gave it to me because he had no use for it in the end.

Would the fact that it was bought in America have any effect. I imagine it wouldn't but thought I would ask anyway.

Back to the problem. Whats happening is that I keep loosing the connection between my Desktop and the Wirless AP downstairs. This happens randomly with no set pattern whatsoever. If I disable and re-enable the NIC in XP the connection is usually restored immediately. However, sometimes it won't come back at all and the only way to resolve this is to power the router off and on.

There is usually a Laptop running in the house as well that is wired into the Router. however this has been out of action lately. Previously the connection to the net would drop for it when my desktops connection dropped off, but I have not been able to confirm this recently. Hopefully I will be able to test that tomorrow.

As for download speeds, they have been very inconsistent. Sometimes I would be getting average rates of 60Kb odd and this tends to drop off big time during peak periods to an extent where even web browsing is noticiebly slow. Obviosuly I cant ascertain whether this is being caused by the problems with the AP or is an IBB problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The best way to check is to plug your pc straight thru ur IBB connection and witht he wireless router out of the picture see how it works then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Are you usng xp if so - There are know issues with the allowing xp to manage the wireless connection - so turn it off and use the connection software provided by the wireless card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Velcrow
    Are you usng xp if so - There are know issues with the allowing xp to manage the wireless connection - so turn it off and use the connection software provided by the wireless card.

Yeah have done that, pretty much the same thing happens...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Anyone having problems today? I keep losing the connection to the gateway (i.e. the connection to IBB). Is this just me, or is anyone else having problems?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Apparently there was a global problem earlier it looks to be sorted now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

yeah, seems to be grand now. I only noticed the disconnecting for about 30 mins, but didn't affect my downloads that much, so i wasn't too concerned. I assumed it was only temporary, but just wanted some confirmation.

Advertisement