Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window tints....DIY styleee

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Would I? Hell no.

Are they even legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Unless your a pro or fairly handy, dont go near it I tried it and wasted a few bob so got it done professionally.

Yes they are legal but there is certain NCT restrictions ie.

20 -medium tint from windows
    25 -Limo black rear

if it is 25 25 it is deemed dangerous for night driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope I would'nt either, was curious as its so cheap compared to a profesional job. I'm actually in the market, not for tints, but rear window shades (proper quality stuff) but having a hard time finding anything outside the States.

europa_mark_1.jpg

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I did. And then I crumpled it all up, put it in the bin, and got a professional to do it. And that was with the window /out of/ the car. It's very hard to get all the bubbles out with good film, never mind the shíte that sells retail.

I'll be looking to get this done in my new bus (presuming it'll suit the car), does anyone know if Solar Gard in Cork is still doing it? What's his name again?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

I got mine done in Solar Guard very quick good job.

I can get the mobile number for ya, he is around wilton

• Advertisement
Advertisement