Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fast & furious accent in the papers.

Options
  • 19-05-2004 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

this is a bit harsh but seen a tremendous accent, 01 i think, with a horrific yellow paint job and fast and furious stripes for sale.........with big box exhaust of course,

well, at least the poor boyo is seeing sense and getting rid of it.

but id be surprised if anyone has the sense to buy it.

why do guys spend crazy amounts of money on car modding........crazy

on another note, what do you lot think of the 'supercars' on the telly last week.

im a fan of the honda nsx and the type r is the dogs bollox. everyone would like a porsche or ferrari, but a nsx r would give them a good run for their money, and you'd have some money to spare for insurance as well :)

on a matter of more affordable cars, when im back in the market for a car, a integra type r is on my agenda, a new model. truly scrumptious i should add.

over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

uve no taste people mod cars to be different and the better ones would kick the ****e out of porsches and frearris. I like a civic r though good engine to mod

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

id like an evo 6, mmm that bad boy would give a fair few cars a run for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Focus RS for me :D

now were talkin sskyline r34 for me please:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh ya cant beat the skyline r34.....stunning

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

LOL, I was trying to figure out what a fast and furious accent was. Down here it'd be something like: "C'mere boy, I loves yer wheels like, ja know wod I mean like? I gots a Civic meself like. Neons an everyting like. Well, dey're flouressent toobs outta me mams gaff, but dey works de same like. Wicked like. Boy."

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

Merc SLR! (mmmmm....... Airbrake!)

OR

Aston DB9

4me!
    (but def SLR first!)

mercedes_slr_xx.jpg

db9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Shelby GT 500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The sound of the Merc SLR is just awesome, best sounding car ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I thought the point being made was one i agreed with.

I see no point in modding a basic car, when you can just buy a better one. There are plenty of mods you can give a car to make it more stylish, from the manufacturer.

I have seen cheap cars driven around with about 10-15k put into it with mods. And it looks tacky. That money would easily have been better spent in a standard spec manufacturer built decent mid-range sports model.

A corsa with a massive spoiler is not a thing of beauty.

• Advertisement

A corsa with a massive spoiler is not a thing of beauty. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wheres the fun in a manufacturer built sports car. Give me a civic any day over a bmw and it will kick most bmw asses with the right engine mods

"cough cough v-tech"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

No point in spending 5 or 6 grand doing up a civic to be quick, when you can get a Skyline/gt4/rx7 for the price of the civic+mods. And dont give me the oul insurance is dear on a supra, cos a civic with engine mods is just as hard to insure, and if you dont declare then insurance is null and void. back to the best car....a Pagani Zonda.

Saw a Civic earlier on in Cork with a bloody massive spoiler mounted on the roof. I mean HUGE. I nearly wet myself laughing.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Give me a civic any day over a bmw and it will kick most bmw asses with the right engine mods

So what you are saying is that you are going to take a comparatively ****e chassis, wheels, engine, suspension, brakes, interior, exterior and make something that will rival a factory built bmw m3 or m5 for style, build quality, and driveability?

Or are you just saying that you can make a shopping trolley go fast by pushing it harder?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

most modded cars look complete crap, garish colours, over the top design that the destroys the lines of the car, bits sticking out all over the place, noisy exhausts that make stupid noises that dont sound like the proper noise a powerfull car should make, stupid neon lights, stupid de locking and debadging, why de badge a car unless your ashamed of it and if your ashamed of it why buy it in the first place!

not talking about body mods, interior mods or exterior mods. Talkin about engine mods. By the way look at starlet gt turbos or r5 turbos beat most bmws straight from the factory with no mods, what about integras with their v-techs again easy engines to mod and the integras are pretty fast as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Pretty fast, but not Supra fast. Why bother engine modding an integra. Its years old. Buy a prelude 2.2, for same price and it is damn quick. A 1.6 or 1.8 anything is not powerful. 0-60 in 5 secs, so what? At 80 you will be left for dead, at 120 ...bye bye... and at 140...did you ever get there. 1.8.....fnuh.

Yea supras will destroy anything. But im trying to make the point that cheepish cars can destroy these so called preformance cars. I agree with u on the prelude though id love one of them but cant have one (insurance for me still too expensive).

I forgot to mention pulsar gti-r beat most things too just add a turbo 320ish bhp 230 without sweeet

Originally posted by draffodx
    stupid de locking and debadging, why de badge a car unless your ashamed of it and if your ashamed of it why buy it in the first place!
    This I can't agree with. Answer: Because in most cases removing adornments makes the car look cleaner. It's a core of the kustom "philosophy". In the specific case of the badge, removing it makes it about the car, not the marque.

adam

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by dogz
    not talking about body mods, interior mods or exterior mods. Talkin about engine mods. By the way look at starlet gt turbos or r5 turbos beat most bmws straight from the factory with no mods, what about integras with their v-techs again easy engines to mod and the integras are pretty fast as standard.
    you are trying to compare two different things that are of hugely different weights.
    if you turbo a car, then course it will be quicker than many other cars. However, bhp means sweet fa in the large scale of things. What about torque? After you have spent your money on your engine mods, have you spent as much on brakes, suspension, etc. and the same again on insurance?
    A starlet turbo or R5 turbo is basically a biscuit tin on wheels filled with relatively cheap upholstery. There is little or no weight involved giving a much superior power to weight ratio. Then you refer to the factory bimmer which will be a much heavier car.
    The original M3 was almost 1.3tonnes and the E36 M3 was about 1 1/2tonnes and they are the cheaper performance models. The R5 was only 970kg & 160bhp.
    However, the R5 runs out of puff fairly quickly (125mph) after doing a recorded 0-60 in 6.9. The E30 M3 could hit 142mph after doing a 0-60 in 7.7 (this is for non evo and therefore slower). The saloon BMW is designed for comfort and not raw speed. However, balance the weight and perform similar mods and see who wins!
    It is a childish argument to say that if you get a light car & turbo the engine then you will be the best!

• Advertisement

Turbos suck.*

* Humour

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Originally posted by dahamsta
    This I can't agree with. Answer: Because in most cases removing adornments makes the car look cleaner. It's a core of the kustom "philosophy". In the specific case of the badge, removing it makes it about the car, not the marque.

adam

Very true, badges can sometimes destroy the lines of a car.
    Many people can't understand the idea behind modding a car (or a relatively cheap one). I agree that there are some tacky examples out there that should have been, but for some people it's hobby or a passion of theirs. Personally, I have a choice. I could go out and buy a relatively small car which is cheap to run, tax and insure, and spend a few quid on mods to make it look a bit different from the ordinary (quality mods, not silver stickers over the fuel cap :) ). On the other hand, I could go out and buy a big car which looks like every other car of that type because after paying for the insurance, tax and fuel for it, I have no money left to mod it (engine or otherwise)
    It's about how big your wallet is :D

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

'i have no respect for poeple who mod cars' blah blah blah

'Why do people waste money, i have no respect for them' and so on.

Modding a car is a reflection on ones self. Most people think 'yea ill slap a spoiler on there and a snow plow on the front, it will look cool'

People like that are stupid. Modding a car is an artform which some people have no taste in. I myself am modding my car and i have not seen one person with something dangling between their legs NOT look at it as i go by

There are certain styles on mod, some poeple like racing cars and want to get their car as close to a race car as they can, i on the other hand, like creativity, clenlyness and style.

You like the type-R? Well, i think the type-R looks absolutly ****. Honda got the most retarded looking lips and skirts on that amazing car and flogged it off for almost doulbe the price of a standard civic. The only REAL difference is the engine, which is 4k to buy. you should like what my civic looks like

I dont want people to think i have a type-R, i want them to see my car as something they havnt seen before, and stylish.

I know it sounds stupid, but there is a 206 model that was released that has some 16/17 inch alloys, lowered and a nice lil spoiler on it. I hate the 206, but that mod makes me think there is life for that car after all.

Before you go deminishing all modded cars, do some reserch and find a nice car to comment on

i mean someone earlier posted why not buy a bemer straigth from the factory if your lookin for preformance. why not an r5 turbo. inly a 1.4

I have one off these ready for me when i can drive ( inherited )

Not acutal car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

@Dogz Where are you getting your figures? Out of thin air?
    First off a GT Turbo while being a fast enough little car would not beat most of the BMW range ok maybe in a 0-60 race but once 60 has been hit the GT's run out of steam or just throw a few corners in front of them and watch the BMW go by.

Vtec engines are big BHP but they lack any decent amount of torque and what bit they do have is very high up the rev range. This goes for them all.. I have seen a turbo'd Civic (think it was a greddy kit) and I was still not impressed by the power. While this is a personnal prefrence as to where your power band is I prefer not to have to rev the crap out of a car to get any power.

Nissan GTIR's are turbo'd as standard.

As kbannon pointed out torque is a huge factor most ppl over look...I've about 250lb/ft available at around 2300RPM...thats around 80lb/ft (I think the 2.0Litre ITR is around 170lb/ft) more than a Integra TypeR at a third of the revs...

id prefer to rev the arse out of it for 2 reasons
    1. sounds better:cool:
    2.the v-techs can rev to 9000 rpm or so. so who cares about low revs when your racing a bmw and beeting it:cool: :cool:

whod want a bmw when u can get a gti-r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Originally posted by red_ice
    I myself am modding my car and i have not seen one person with something dangling between their legs NOT look at it as i go by

When I look at modded cars I wonder do the people that are driving them think I'm saying "Wow what a fantastic car." When in fact i'm actually saying "What a ****ing muppet." As is the case with most of the people I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Originally posted by Dave
    When I look at modded cars I wonder do the people that are driving them think I'm saying "Wow what a fantastic car." When in fact i'm actually saying "What a ****ing muppet." As is the case with most of the people I know.

Heh...yeah that's true. They could be looking at it for the wrong reasons.

DC.

Advertisement