Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fast & furious accent in the papers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Screaming WAAAAHHHHHHH at them usually leaves little room for doubt.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by dogz
    id prefer to rev the arse out of it for 2 reasons
    1. sounds better:cool:
    2.the v-techs can rev to 9000 rpm or so. so who cares about low revs when your racing a bmw and beeting it:cool: :cool:
    whod want a bmw when u can get a gti-r

It would be good since your going on and on about vtec engines if you started to spell vtec right some of the honda heads get annoyed at people spelling it wrong :p

As I said before the arguement between vtec/mivec/forced induction cars is all down to personnal choice. For me its forced induction, for you its vtec for the next guy its normally aspirated... each to their own.

But just because a vtec has a higher rev limit does not mean it will beat a BMW or any non vtec engined car. Look at the BTCC all the cars are based on production cars and by no means are honda running away with it in fact I do belive the Honda works team are behind SEAT who only joined the series this year!!!

Basiclly what I am saying lad is think about what your saying and know that the minute you say that car engine type X will beat any car of type Y someone can and will prove you wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

i know what ur saying. but im talking about cars that those of us who cant afford bmw insurance can get and mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

i know what ur saying. but im talking about cars that those of us who cant afford bmw insurance can get and mod

But if you mod your engine all the mods should be declared and this will up your insurance. Unless of course you dont tell the insurance company in which case they may refuse to pay out on any claim you may have if they discover the mod's.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Current policy opened when I was 31 with 10 years ncb
    * Insurance on 1989 320i SE (2L) was €600
    * Insurance on 1997 523i (2.5L) is roughly the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

Originally posted by kayos
    But if you mod your engine all the mods should be declared and this will up your insurance. Unless of course you dont tell the insurance company in which case they may refuse to pay out on any claim you may have if they discover the mod's.

so we dontdeclare them:cool: :D:p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

so we dontdeclare them:cool: :D:p
    so effectively you are admitting to be one of these little uninsured bastards who drive on our roads driving up the insurance prices for honest people.

hopefully you have a big accident where you crash into a tree, total your car and try to make a claim only to find out that the ins. co. are onto you and give you the two fingers!

Advertisement