Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2004 Fantasy Football ??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Who's team is Boards Suckers? They are top with 41 points already. The team contains 8 Spanish players and yet he wants England to win.:D He also made 10 subsitutions already and most/all of them are Portuguese. Weird game plan.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Who's team is Boards Suckers? They are top with 41 points already. The team contains 8 Spanish players and yet he wants England to win.:D He also made 10 subsitutions already and most/all of them are Portuguese. Weird game plan.:ninja:

lol.

it's not me, but...

being new to this fantasy football business, would i be right that in making substitutions each day depending on the games that are being played, you can choose players who are playing that day and if they do well, you will maximise your ranking, is this right? or do you lose a few points for making a substituion as well?

as you probably can guess, i didn't read the "how to play the game" part when signing up... if there was one.

Originally posted by naitkris
    lol.

it's not me, but...

being new to this fantasy football business, would i be right that in making substitutions each day depending on the games that are being played, you can choose players who are playing that day and if they do well, you will maximise your ranking, is this right? or do you lose a few points for making a substituion as well?

as you probably can guess, i didn't read the "how to play the game" part when signing up... if there was one.
    No, your substitutions only come into affect for the next set of matches (ie. week 2).

No, your substitutions only come into affect for the next set of matches (ie. week 2).
    Well thats the case on any decent fantasy football site but sporting life's one is a load of crap. All you have to do is make substitutions every day. A few people have copped it already and started "cheating". I think I'll put all my concentration into my UEFA team, the sporting life one is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I wouldnt call it cheating. Your man might be miles ahead but he only has 16 transfers left after only 3 days of matches.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

At least we know who you support.;) If Sweden do bad your fecked. BTW, I assume there's no limit to the amount of players from the one team you can pick?
    4 goals, clean sheet, winning team... not bad for 1 game anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by kaids
    4 goals, clean sheet, winning team... not bad for 1 game anyway ;)

yeah, but wasn't a good performance by Sweden though despite the score, they can play much better when they get into it, Denmark were the best team in group C looking only from today's games followed closely by Sweden based on their better 2nd half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is anybody else having a problem on the Uefa site that I posted a link to?

I entered a team last week and went through the whole confirm registration thing.

But I can't log into to site now! Everytime I try to log in it's as if I'm logging in for the first time! i.e. It's giving me an option to choose a new team! It's really bloody fustrating, I had Ronaldo and Laarson up front as well as a few other decent selections!! Arrrggghhh!!! :mad:

B.

UEFA is OK for me Baz. I'm doing well btw. I have 35 points so far with 3 of my best players still to play, Ballack (c), van der vaart, Jankulovski.:)

• Advertisement

I sent them a mail and they replied pretty fast actually.

I was using the wrong Username :rolleyes: all sorted now!

Not doing too bad. 33points. Well not great, but considering Terry and Pirlo didn't play and I've still got Kahn to play, not bad!

Kahn

Nesta
    Helguera
    Terry

Nielson
    Lampard
    Deco
    Pirlo
    Pires

Henry
    Ronaldo

Is there a Boards League for this?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Im doing well so far 96 points not bad for a score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

oh crap i totally forgot to do anything about my team its probably too late to do anything about it anyway because i'd say half my players have been knocked out:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just reached 96 points now (More Peanuts) hoping to break the magic 100 barrier tonight (Gerrard, Rooney and Zidane playing), although I see phenom's up to 109 at this stage. Happy to have breached the top 10, but need to go easy on the transfers for a while :dunno:

It's getting tight at the top.

ps - first post in the new soccer forum - thanks alany and phenom :D

Originally posted by BaZmO*

Is there a Boards League for this?

Well is there???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Wupdee doo ! Joey Joe Joe Jnr Shabidoo is now top of the league after tonights games. Only 11 transfers left though, gonna have to use them very wisely methinks. I got in Van Nistelrooy, Ballack, Heinz, Robben and Schweinsteiger for tonight's games, 30 pts between them = not bad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

well played, dude. More Peanuts is 22 points off the lead, but still 15 transfers yet - hmmm ... Portugal or England, tonight?

Advertisement