Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardcore Title!

• 19-05-2004 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I seen a poll on wwe.coma while ago about wanting back the Hardcore title. I just thought I'd bring it up and see what people's thoughts on the possible return of the title.

Personally when it was around at first it was good, and the 24/7 rule was entertaining enough, but after a while it dragged and didnt really speak Hardcore.

Nowadays when there's a hardcore match it's seems more speical and more Hardcore, so i think it would be a bad idea to have it brought back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Yeah, I agree with you Edgedog. Less is more and all that. Hardcore matches should be special attractons, as they are far mre effective that way.
    But if hey do bring it back, they had better be sure to check the 24/7 rule at the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I agree with everything said, but at the same time I liked that dumb crappy title. With the 24/7 rule, anything could happen on a show. It gave that air of unpredictability, and despite their usual crapness, they always gave me something to look forward to on a show or PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I think that Smackdown would be the place for it. It might liven up the show a bit and add some excitement.

The only problem is that one show will then have a extra title, of course it could be used as a way then of makinf transfers between shows, ie if you are HC champ you are on Smackdown, or it could hop between shows and set up some interesting inter-promotional rivilaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

It was a really coveted title from May 2000 to about January 2002 when Maven won it from the Undertaker. It went from the title of the hard mofos with balls and no sence of personal safety, to the title of the jobbers.

When Crash and the Hardys fewded over it, to Tazz, Raven and Rhyno capturing it. Then the WM17 and Backlash 2001 ECW esque classics to the Invasion where it became a real title, where the high mid carders at that time used it in their fewds(incl: Angle, RVD, the Hardyz, Jericho, Stone Cold) when Taker took it from RVD at Vengence, it all went down hill, he didnt even ware it to the ring.

The last ever hardcore match, RVD V Dreamer was not just the last boubt the title was defended in, but it was like the final good bye to ECW and what Hardcore wrestling stood for from 1995 to 2001. It was actually a touching moment, after that, Hardcore wrestling went into hiding for a while, rearing it head in a few Cell in the Cells and street fights, and of course, Mick Foley was presented with the origional contested title last year.

The Intercontental and US titles were resureced over the last year, The womans title a year before that. The hardcore title, some day could make a come back.

As long as they dont resurect the European title, I dont mind... :D

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

R.V.D, Mick Foley, Test, Rhyno and Al Snow all say they want it back...R.V.D said they took it away because he was making the title too big and it was threatening the heavyweight title.....The Houdini of Hardcore is dead so I don't think the 24 hour rule should be in use anymore, he made that whole angle work, remember when he was at the Fun Zone, what brillance

• Advertisement
Advertisement