Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The grass isn't always greener....

Options
  • 19-05-2004 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Here's a story from the Register, about DSL price cuts in the UK - anyone want to guess how long the Boards meltdown would last if it happened here?

Thus ADSL - the price cuts with a funny echo
    A swift check of the bulletins confirmed that the cut from £75 to £45 was announced in May 2003, and that the Thus (Demon's parent) PR people therefore at the very least owed me a particularly splendid lunch, with possibly a present included. So I mailed them, explained the situation, asking if I were perhaps an isolated clerical error, and if they'd be so kind as to explain what the price cut policy was.

Some days passed, and today the answer came winging back:

"THUS provides a number of offers and service packages within its Demon Broadband portfolio and these are based on a twelve month contract. Any offers or price reductions introduced while your annual contract is rolling are applied at the end of the contract, before the next year starts. This is standard across the industry.

"With effect from 1st June 2004, when your next annual contract starts, your monthly payments for Demon Express Plus will be reduced to £45 (excl. VAT) to meet the current ADSL tariff."

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

...This is standard across the industry.

Hmm *might* be somewhat standard but not all others do the same
    an example of this would be the OSP/ISP AOL (UK)

Advertisement